This module focuses not just on the practical aspects of recruitment, selection, employee retention and dismissal, but also on the strategic aspects to equip learners with the knowledge and skills required for resourcing and talent management within a global context. Skills can be sourced by hiring employees, but also through other means such as the employment of agency workers, subcontractors and consultants, or through outsourcing arrangements. To mobilise an effective workforce organisations hire people from employment markets, which obliges them to compete for talent with other employers whenever demand for skills is greater than the available supply.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR.
To achieve an Advanced Level Award in Human Resources, you need a total of 15 credits. Each module is worth 15 credits.
The Learning Outcomes for this module are shown below. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Analyse and evaluate the major features of national and international employment markets from which organisations source staff and ways in which these markets evolve or change
- Play a leading role in the development and evaluation of resourcing and talent management strategies, diversity management and flexible working initiatives
- Manage recruitment, selection and induction activities effectively, efficiently, lawfully and professionally
- Undertake and evaluate long- and short-term talent planning and succession planning exercises with a view to building long-term organisational performance
- Gather, analyse and use information on employee turnover as the basis for developing robust staff retention strategies
- Manage retirement, redundancy and dismissal practices fairly, efficiently and in accordance with the expectations of the law, ethical and professional practice.
Who is this course for?
The Advanced Level Award in Human Resources are ideal if you:
- Have the responsibility for HR decision-making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or a more strategic level
- Are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role, and are seeing to enhance and develop their career
- Have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- Are an independent or employed consultant who supports organisations in meeting their goals.
This is a Level 7 programme and requires a good level of HR experience.
If English is your second language, you'll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don't have this, we'll review your case on an individual basis.
As all the modules form part of the Advanced level diploma, you can also use your award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership (Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow) by taking additional modules to achieve a full Advanced level diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Advanced Award in Human Resources.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.