Churchill Square Training and Development
Add to basket or enquire
In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This course will introduce those managers to human resource concepts. We will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview; discuss orientation; and cover some issues that arise after the hiring (such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline).
What Will Students Learn?
- Discuss current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining human resources
- Skills inventory and job analysis
- Position profiles and job descriptions
- Finding candidates and advertising guidelines
- Preparing for and conducting the interview
- Employee orientation and onboarding
- Planning training and external providers
- Performance reviews
- Attendance management and diversity
- Privacy issues and compensation and benefits
- Managing disciplinary issues and termination
- Exit interviews
Who is this course for?
Anyone in an organisation who leads or manages staff - HR is an essential line management role.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.