HR for Non HR Managers
- Tutor is available to students
Any manager who is responsible for recruiting and managing staff requires an understanding of the basics of HR best practice in order get the best out of their team and make sure they are legally compliant.
This foundation HR for non-HR managers provides practical knowledge and tools to enable managers to tackle HR issues themselves with confidence.
Simple to arrange and highly effective - you can choose to run this course exactly as described or we can create a customised solution that meets your specific needs.
As a general rule, if you have four or more employees with similar learning needs, an in-company programme will be the most efficient and cost-effective choice for you. Learning is usually delivered at your premises.
Our specialist facilitators are experts in their respective fields, and can tailor our existing courses to suit the specific needs of your organisation - or alternatively, design courses and programmes that are entirely bespoke, crafted in response to the unique requirements of your business.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Realise the implications of employment legislation on your organisation
- Learn codes of practice in recruitment, employment contracts, discipline, grievance and redundancy
- Interview applicants and appraise your staff effectively
- Increase your knowledge of the format of job descriptions and person specifications
- Know your role in discipline and grievance cases
- Manage absence effectively
- Engage retention methods that ensure results
By attending this course you will have:
- skills to build a foundation in key personnel and HR concepts and relate them to ‘best fit’ in your own organisation
- better working relationships with others in your organisation through a greater appreciation of the overall picture
- dynamic skills in team development through successful selection interviewing and effective appraisal techniques
- the capability to evaluate the effectiveness of your HR practice and see where improvements can be made
Who is this course for?
This HR course is intended for people who work outside of the HR department but need to understand the fundamentals of human resource management for use in their day-to-day roles.
It’s applicable to nearly anyone who manages a team, as they will need an understanding of core HR principles.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.