HR Employment Law | Intermediate Award CIPD Level 5
Interest-free payment plans available.
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
Recent decades have seen a substantial increase in the extent to which the employment relationship in the UK, Eire and the EU is regulated through employment legislation.
As a result, human resources (HR) professionals are now obliged to take account of legal requirements in different jurisdictions when carrying out many central aspects of their role. They are also obliged to take responsibility for the defence and settlement of claims lodged with employment tribunals by aggrieved employees or former employees.
The purpose of this unit is to introduce the major areas of employment legislation and the employment law system, focusing in particular on ways in which day-to-day HR activities are subjected to some form of regulation.
The unit is intended to provide an overview, rather than to focus in detail on the operation of specific employment laws, for those who need to understand and be able to evaluate emerging developments in the management of the employment relationship in local and international jurisdictions.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR.
To achieve an Intermediate Award in Human Resources, you need a total of between 3 and 12 credits. The Intermediate Award in Employment Law has 6 credits.
The learning outcomes for this unit are shown below. By the end of the unit, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of employment regulation and the way it is enforced in practice
- Know how to manage recruitment and selection activities lawfully
- Know how to manage change and reorganisation lawfully
- Know how to manage issues relating to pay and working time lawfully
- Be able to ensure that staff are treated lawfully when they are at work
- Know how to manage performance and disciplinary matters lawfully.
Who is this course for?
The Intermediate Level Awards in Human Resources are for those who:
- Aspire to work in HR or already work in HR and want to study a recognised undergraduate level qualification
- Work in an HR support role and want to formalise their experience and progress their career by developing their knowledge and skills at a higher level
This is a Level 5 programme and is equivalent in level to the second year of an undergraduate degree programme.
If English is your second language, you'll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don't have this, we'll review your case on an individual basis.
As all the units form part of the Intermediate Certificate / Diploma in Human Resource Management, you can also use your Award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership by taking additional units to achieve the full Intermediate Certificate or Diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Intermediate Award in Human Resources.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.