Roffey Park Institute Limited
Add to basket or enquire
HR Business Partner Skills is a practical programme that will help you develop the mindset of an effective business partner as well as the skills, behaviour, and tools you need to enhance your approach. We focus on how you build your relationships and influence your business partners so that you evolve your own, unique HR Business Partnering formula. The programme design meets a range of learning needs from those who are Junior HR Business Partner through to those new in a senior position.
HR Business Partner Skills consists of 10 learning modules, a half day experiential module with professional business role players plus a 90 minute follow-up session 8 weeks after the last module has been completed.
The online programme is facilitated live over the course of five half days each one consisting of two 90 minute modules with a 30 minute break in between. The programme is also delivered as a three-day classroom programme.
Both online and classroom programmes include a 90 minute follow up session, held online, in which participants track how they have embedded the learning from the programme.
THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF HR BUSINESS PARTNERING
Articulate the role of the HR Business Partner and how it adds value to their organisation
PUTTING THE BUSINESS FIRST
Articulate their organisation’s business model and understand how to engage in commercial conversations.
THE STEPS TO A PARTNERSHIP APPROACH
Demonstrate an understanding of the consequences of operating as an expert and ‘hired hands’ versus a business partner. Describe the five stages of working as a business partner and how this approach supports sustainable change
SPEAKING TRUTH TO POWER
Define the components of influence and influencing behaviours. Understand how to tailor their approach to increase impact and effectiveness in influencing a stakeholder.
Define coaching and how coaching conversations add value to the HR business partner role. Describe how to conduct a coaching conversation and understand the effective use of questioning and listening.
WORKING WITH POLITICS, POWER AND CONFLICT
Demonstrate how to make effective use of sources of power and how to navigate a political environment. Understand how to demonstrate a different mindset and approach to addressing conflict.
THINKING STRATEGICALLY AS A BUSINESS PARTNER
Describe what it is to think strategically, how this differs from working operationally and identify how to leverage more strategic conversations with selected stakeholders
INFLUENTIAL DATA ANALYTICS
Articulate how to use data analytics to increase the value you add as a HR business partner. Identify how to analyse and interpret HR data to influence behaviour and decision making
Identify how to have a greater impact with change initiatives and the respective benefits of different approaches to change management
DEVELOPING THE ORGANISATION
Describe how organisational redesign and restructuring increases an organisation effectiveness. Have a greater awareness of how to think systemically about internal structures, processes and relationships and the linkages between them. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of organisational development and design.
HR business partnering in practice
Follow up session
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if
- You have got experience as an HR Business Partner, but wish to evolve your skillset or develop a broader approach
- You are from a centre of expertise and need to understand it from an HR perspective
- You want to shift the way you operate further along the continuum from HR Manager to a Business Partner and increase the value you add to your stakeholders
- You need to get a ‘seat at the table’ and be more confident, credible, and influential at the pan-organisational level
- You are looking to be more strategic, commercially savvy and less operational and transactional
This programme is flexible enough to accommodate your needs whether you have a generalist or centre of expertise partnering background.
Benefits for you
At the end of HR Business Partner Skills, you will be able to:
- Have a deeper understanding of the HR Business Partner role and what a commercial and strategic business partner looks and feels like
- Develop your skill and confidence in demonstrating leadership and the ability to influence others using a range of approaches and HR/data analytics
- Have a greater understanding of how to think systemically and how OD can add value to the HR Business partnering role
- Build skills in conducting challenging conversations and navigating organisational politics
Benefits for your Organisation
Business Partners combine strategic business capability with excellence in the delivery of the day-to-day. Successful business partners work with leaders to shape, steer and advise on people related issues and help them translate strategy into action. This programme develops the confidence, mindset and capabilities of HR Business Partners so they are more effective at working across the business.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.