Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Take control of your career.
Managing the employment relationship effectively is a key part of the role of the HR practitioner. This unit aims to introduce a number of aspects of this task and to provide an introduction to employment law within the context of employee relations. It starts with an explanation of the employment relationship and the key parties that are involved within it. It then focuses on different aspects of HR activity, looking at good practice and legal requirements within each activity.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR
Structure of Qualification
To achieve a Foundation Award in Human Resources Essentials, you need a total of between 2 and 12 credits. The Foundation Award in HR Essentials in Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations has 6 credits.
The learning outcomes for this unit are shown below. By the end of the unit, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact of employment law at the start of the employment relationship
- Understand the main individual rights that the employee has during the employment relationship
- Understand the issues to address at the termination of the employment relationship.
Who is this course for?
As all the units form part of the Foundation Certificate / Diploma in Human Resource Practice, you can also use your Award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership by taking additional units to achieve the full Foundation Certificate or Diploma in HR Practice.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Foundation Award in Human Resources Essentials.
This is a Level 3 programme and is broadly equivalent in terms of level, to an A-Level programme of study.
The Foundation Level Awards in Human Resources Essentials are for:
- Those who would like to either start or top up their HR and L&D knowledge
- Those working in HR in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills
- HR staff who do not have sufficient qualifications to undertake CIPD intermediate or advanced-level qualifications
- Line managers who are involved in HR and have responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.