Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Save 15% on your CIPD Level 7 Award this month in our Black Friday Sale!
Advance your career from home 100% online.
This module provides learners, first, with an understanding of the principal internal and external environmental contexts of contemporary organisations, including the managerial and business context, within which managers, HR professionals and workers interact in conditions of environmental turbulence, change and uncertainty.
Second, the module examines how those leading organisations respond to these dynamic environmental contexts.
Third, the module indicates how leaders in organisations, and those in the HR function, and line managers with HR responsibilities, need to recognise and acknowledge that corporate decisions and HR choices are not always shaped by managers alone.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR
To achieve an Advanced Level Award in Human Resources, you need a total of15 credits.Each module delivered by ICS is worth 15 credits.
The Learning Outcomes for this module are shown below. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate contemporary organisations and their principal environments.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate the managerial and business environment within which HR professionals work.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate how organisational and HR strategies are shaped by and developed in response to internal and external environmental factors.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate the market and competitive environments of organisations and how organisational leaders and the HR function respond to them.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate globalisation and international forces and how they shape and impact on organisational and HR strategies and HR practices.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate demographic, social and technological trends and how they shape and impact on organisational and HR strategies and HR practices.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate government policy and legal regulation and how these shape and impact on organisational and HR strategies and HR practices.
Who is this course for?
The Advanced Level Award in Human Resources are for those who:
- Have the responsibility for HR decision-making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or a more strategic level
- Are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role, and are seeing to enhance and develop their career
- Have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- Are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals.
This is a Level 7 programme and requires a good level of HR experience.
If English is your second language, you'll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don't have this, we'll review your case on an individual basis.
As all the modules form part of the Advanced level diploma, you can also use your award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership (Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow) by taking additional modules to achieve a full Advanced level diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Advanced Award in Human Resources.