Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
First, this module seeks to familiarise learners with major contemporary research evidence on employment and effective approaches to human resource (HR) and learning and development (L&D) practice. Research focusing on the links between people management practices and positive organisational outcomes is covered, as is research that highlights major contemporary changes and developments in practice. Second, the module introduces learners to major debates about theory and practice in the specific fields of leadership, flexibility and change management, the aim being to help them become effective managers as well as effective HR specialists, managing others fairly and effectively and increasing levels of engagement, commitment, motivation and performance.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR.
To achieve an Advanced Level Award in Human Resources, you need a total of15 credits.Each module delivered by ICS is worth 15 credits.
The Learning Outcomes for this module are shown below. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Review and critically evaluate major contemporary research and debates in the fields of human resource management (HRM) and human resource development (HRD)
- Evaluate major theories relating to motivation, commitment and engagement at work and how these are put into practice by organisations
- Debate and critically evaluate the characteristics of effective leadership and the methods used to develop leaders in organisations
- Contribute to the promotion of flexible working and effective change management in organisations
- Critically discuss the aims and objectives of the HRM and HRD function in organisations and how these are met in practice
- Assess the contribution made by HRM and HRD specialists in different types of organisation
- Promote professionalism and an ethical approach to HRM and HRD practice in organisations.
Who is this course for?
As all the modules form part of the Advanced level diploma, you can also use your award to work towards meeting the knowledge requirements for CIPD professional membership (Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow) by taking additional modules to achieve a full Advanced level diploma.
On completion, you'll receive a CIPD Advanced Award in Human Resources.
This is a Level 7 programme and requires a good level of HR experience.
The Advanced Level Award in Human Resources are for those who:
- Have the responsibility for HR decision-making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or a more strategic level
- Are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role, and are seeing to enhance and develop their career
- Have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- Are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.