HR | Human Resource Practice | Foundation Certificate CIPD Level 3
Interest-free payment plans available.
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
A career in human resources has the potential to take you places, and our fully online CIPD Human Resource Practice (Foundation Level 3) course is a great way to develop your skills and career prospects. It's accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the largest human resources and development professional body in Europe.
The CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Practice will teach you the latest in HR management principles and equip you with the skills and strategies involved in successful personnel management and development. It'll prepare you for a support-level role in any HR department.
You'll learn the fundamentals of HR Practice and build a firm foundation on which to base a successful career in human resources. You'll look at the role of human resources in business and learn to assess skills and knowledge and create skill sets that strengthen the workforce.
You'll also look at data analysis and learn techniques for personnel development and motivation, such as performance-related reward programmes. You'll examine the legal aspects of personnel management will be examined, and learn effective strategies for successful change management.
- 92% of ICS Learn graduates end up working in HR.
To achieve the CIPD Certificate in HR Practice, you need a total of 28 credits. You'll gain these by studying the four core units, then two out of the three optional units.
- Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources - 4 credits
- Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information - 2 credits
- Resourcing Talent - 6 credits
- Developing Yourself as an Effective HR/L&D Practitioner - 4 credits
- Delivering Learning and Development Activities - 6 credits
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management - 6 credits
- Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations - 6 credits
Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources
- This unit provides an introduction to the role of HR and L&D operations within an organisation and environmental context. You'll develop your understanding of how HR activities support an organisation's strategy and assist in achieving of business objectives, and how these are shaped by internal and external factors.
Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information
- This unit develops your understanding of the important contribution that accurate data can make to the HR or L&D function. The unit is intended to span the remit of data management for all areas including, but not limited to, HR planning, recruitment and selection, performance and reward management, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures and electronic record management for L&D.
- Organisational success depends on having the right skill mix. This unit provides an introduction to the resourcing and talent planning process. Studying this unit will enable you to understand the factors that impact on an organisation's resourcing and talent planning activities. You'll also learn about the relationship between recruitment and selection by identifying the key stages in each separate but related process.
Developing Yourself as an Effective HR/L&D Practitioner
- This unit is designed to enable you to develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional practitioner. It'll enable you to develop a personal development plan, following a self-assessment of learning and development needs that meets your personal and professional requirements.
Delivering Learning and Development Activities
- This unit will give you the knowledge and skills required to deliver planned L&D activities in one-to-one, small group and large group sessions. The need for learning and development arises for diverse reasons, including both individual self-assessment and organisational assessment. A learning and development needs analysis may identify organisational challenges or problems affecting employees, for example, major organisational change, the introduction of new operations or systems and/or the maintenance of existing operations or systems.
Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management
- This unit gives you an introduction to the purpose and processes of performance and reward management, and the role of HR in promoting and supporting good practice. Studying this unit will enable you to develop your understanding of how motivational theories and associated tools can be used within the context of performance and reward management and how these can have a positive impact on an organisation's business objectives.
Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations
- Managing the employment relationship effectively is a key part of the role of the HR practitioner. This unit aims to introduce a number of aspects of this task and to provide an introduction to employment law within the context of employee relations. It starts with an explanation of the employment relationship and the key parties that are involved within it. It then focuses on different aspects of HR activity, looking at good practice and legal requirements within each activity.
Who is this course for?
The CIPD Level 3 Certificate is ideal if you:
- Want to study a shorter qualification than the full Diploma
- Want to gain the essential knowledge and skills required to move into HR
- Are working in an HR support role but don't have a formal HR qualification
- Are a current line manager with responsibility for people management and development
- Are looking to become a professional member of the CIPD (Associate Assoc CIPD)
You don't need any experience or qualifications to enrol on this Foundation Level HR course. It's perfect for you if you're new to HR or if you're currently working in an HR support role.
If English is your second language, you'll need an IELTS 6.5 or ESOL Level 2 (or equivalent). If you don't have this, we'll review your case on an individual basis.
On completion, you'll receive the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice.
With a qualification in HR Practice you'll be ready to take on a support-level role in any HR department.
Examples of job roles you can enter or progress in with this level of study include:
- HR Assistant
- HR Coordinator
- HR Administrator
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.