This course will teach how to design amazing sounds using any synthesizer, work with Reason to understand synthesis, work in Ableton Live to understand synthesis and create any sound you can imagine using whatever software is at your disposal. By taking this course now, you will learn how to make your own sounds with the use of synthesizers.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
This classes uses the same system I’ve used for years in my college courses for teaching sound design: Identify and master the 4 main pieces of any synthesizer, and you will be flying when you first approach any other unit in the future.
This system keeps the technical jargon to a minimum and gets you making your own sounds quick.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Design amazing sounds using any synthesizer
- Work in Reason to understand synthesis
- Work in Ableton Live to understand synthesis
- Create any sound you can imagine using whatever software is at your disposal
How To Use Synthesis for Sound Design And Production course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1 - Introduction To Sound Design And Synthesis
- Introduction And Overview
- About The Software We Will Use: Reason And Ableton Live
- The Types Of Synthesis We Will Cover In This Class
- The 4 Elements To All Synthesizers
Topic 2 - Fundamentals Of Subtractive Synthesis
- The Sub-tractor In Reason: The Interface
- The Oscillator
- The Filter
- The Amplifier
- Putting It All Together In Reason
- Using Ableton’s Analog For Subtractive Synthesis
Topic 3 - The Other Elements: LFO, Modulations, And Other Key Elements
- The LFO
- Portamento or Glide
- Trigger Modes
- Velocity Control
Topic 4 - Deconstruction: Part 1
- Subtractive Synthesizer Patch Deconstruction No. 1: Reason
- Subtractive Synthesizer Patch Deconstruction No. 2: Ableton Live
Topic 5 - FM Synthesis
- What Is FM Synthesis?
- Using Ableton’s Operator: The Interface
- Making Sounds Using FM Synthesis
- Adding The Additional Elements
Topic 6 - Deconstruction Part 2
- FM Synthesizer Patch Deconstruction No. 3: Ableton’s Operator
- FM Synthesizer Patch Deconstruction No. 4: Ableton’s Operator
Topic 7 - Wrap Up!
- Coming Up In Sound Design Fundamentals: Sampling
- Parting Thoughts!
Topic 8 - Bonus Videos: Ableton Live's Analog Instrument
- Analog Overview
- Analog Basic Outline
- Programming Analog
- Noise And LFO In Analog
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning how to make your own sounds with the use of synthesizers.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.