In this course, you will learn how to create an effective bid proposal cover letter to attract clients, how to win contracts with sound bidding principles, fast-track your online editing and proofreading career and much more. By taking this course now, you will have the knowledge on how to start your career as a freelance editor and proofreader on Upwork.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Do you want to make a side income from home in your spare time? Do you have a good eye for detail in English writing? Become an editor and proofreader on the #1 freelance site in the world, Upwork.
In this course, I use my own experience on Upwork to show you how to get up to speed quickly as an editing & proofreading category freelancer. The course discusses how to create an effective bid cover letter, what bidding principles work well, and how much to bid to win as many job contracts as possible.
I present insights from my writing textbook, Clear, Precise, Direct: Strategies for Writing (Oxford University Press, 2015) to help you satisfy clients and thus earn high ratings. Earning high ratings leads to a domino effect of more and more jobs. These insights also include my philosophy of editing that preserves clients’ ideas and meanings while removing troubling “weeds” from their writing.
The course additionally provides more approaches, philosophies, and tips for editing and proofreading that have led me to a 97% client satisfaction rating on Upwork.
Build your online freelance editing and proofreading career today and develop a stable of repeat clients.
How To Start Being an Editor And Proofreader On Upwork course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1 - Introductory Information
- Course Overview And Instructor Introduction
- My Earnings Report
- Introduction To Freelancing On Upwork
- The Challenge Of Beginning
Topic 2 - The Basics To Get Started On Upwork
- Freelancer And Agency Account Types
- Getting Paid
- How To Avoid Long Payment Delays
- The Key Elements In The Upwork Profile Page
- How To Find Work
- What The Client Sees When You Submit A Proposal
Topic 3 - Bidding
- Writing Effective Bid Proposals And Cover Letters
- Bidding Principles To Win
- How Much Should I Bid?
Topic 4 - Ratings And Repeat Clients
- The Power Of Good Ratings
- Develop A Stable Of Repeat Clients
Topic 5 - Macro-level Tips For Doing A Great Job
- Start Strong With These Approaches And Philosophies
- More Approaches And Philosophies
- One Editing Philosophy That Keeps Clients Happy
Topic 6 - Practical Concerns
- Use These 6 Practical Tips To Ensure Success
- What To Do If A Client Wants Substantive Editing
- Lifestyle Issues Of The Online Editor And Proofreader
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning how to start a career as a freelance editor and proofreader on Upwork.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.