Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
In this course, you will be able to learn how to identify helpful and unhelpful norms in their teams, how to develop positive norms to prevent challenging behavior, different types of challenging behavior, and the consequences of letting them go unchallenged. This course will equip managers with skills needed to manage staff with challenging behavior. There will be a strong focus on how to prepare, conduct and follow-up difficult conversations with staff displaying challenging behavior. By taking this course today, you will be able to manage your staff with challenging behavior!
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
This course will equip managers with skills needed to manage staff with challenging behavior. We will explore different types of challenging behavior, and the consequences of letting them go unchallenged.
There will be a strong focus on how to prepare, conduct and follow-up difficult conversations with staff displaying challenging behavior.
Students will learn how to identify helpful and unhelpful norms in their teams, and how to develop positive norms, so as to prevent challenging behavior.
The course is 3 hours long. This includes lectures and tasks. Students are strongly encouraged to complete these practical tasks, so as to apply learning to their reality.
How To Manage Staff With Challenging Behavior course will cover the following topics:
Topic: 1 - Introduction To The Course
Topic: 2 - Understanding Challenging Behavior
- Introduction To Section 2
- What Is Challenging Behavior?
- Different Types Of Challenging Behavior
- Consequences Of Challenging Behavior At Work
- Outlining An Action Plan To Address Challenging Behavior – Task 1
- Conclusion And Takeaways From Section 2
Topic: 3 - Difficult Conversations To Deal With Challenging Behavior
- Introduction To Section 3
- Preparing For Difficult Conversations
- Difficult Conversations: Listening And Questions
- Communication Techniques For Difficult Conversations
- Giving Feedback
- Managing Emotions
- Identifying And Achieving Goals
- Following Up On Difficult Conversations
- Task 2 – Your Strengths And Areas For Improvement
- Conclusion And Takeaways From Section 3
Topic: 4 - Preventing challenging behavior
- Introduction To Section 4
- Staff Who Do Not Behave In A Challenging Way
- Understanding Team Norms
- Introducing New Team Norms & Task 3
- Understanding Enabling Behavior
- Reflecting On My Enabling Behavior – Task 4
- Conclusion And Takeaways From Section 4
Topic: 5 - Conclusion
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for the following:
- This course is designed for managers, supervisors, team leaders and others in a leadership position. It is helpful for those managing teams where some staff display challenging behaviour, e.g. being unmotivated, bullying others, not completing their tasks.
- It is less useful for those whose colleagues display challenging behavior.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.