BPP Professional Education
Location & dates
There has been a very real shift towards on-the-job learning and training in UK business over recent years. This has been combined with increased business investment in young people through the resurgence of high quality apprenticeships. These are helping employers build future talent from within and to bring maximum benefit to their organisations.
Managing the transition for an apprentice from education to the workplace and realising the potential of young talent can be hugely rewarding but also extremely challenging. Managers need the right skills, support, tools and techniques to effectively manage apprentices.
Venue may change up to 14-days before the course start date. Enquire for dates.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Create and maintain effective collaborative and supportive relationships with apprentices
- Set effective operational and developmental goals and objectives with their apprentices
- Develop the effectiveness of their communication
- Understand the basic duties and responsibilities of an employer in relation to an apprentice
- Recognise and apply the use of coaching and mentoring to support and develop apprentices
- Effectively supervise and manage the performance of an apprentice
- Understand how to develop key attitudes, behaviours and skills in an apprentice – e.g. confidence, resilience and mindset
- Manage difficult conversations with apprentices with confidence and to achieve positive outcomes
Who is this course for?
This one day interactive course is designed to help managers develop relevant skills, strategies, tools and techniques in order to bring the best out of their apprentices and to help them develop their careers throughout the crucial first phase of their working lives.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.