Add to basket or enquire
About this Course
This course is about building "buyer personas" for business-to-business (B2B) markets.
- How good are you are preparing a persona as part of your go-to-market plan?
- And, how creative can you be if you don't have a market research budget?
I have 33 years of hi-tech marketing experience, and I usually found myself in the hot seat of needing to create or update my target segmentation model and personas without having access to any market research. Oh, and I needed to draft this by Tuesday!
I discovered that there are tools available to me that I had overlooked -- the persona template being one of them. In this course, I reveal all of my persona secrets and best practices!
Whether you work for an established enterprise company or the newest startup, this persona methodology will work for you!
This course contains:
- Approximately 2 hours of video lectures
- Detailed description of my 10-step persona building process
- Download my persona template and learn about the 3 most critical components
- Examples of real personas created by real marketers in B2B companies
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- And more!
- Discover how and why the B2B "buyer persona" is a critical ingredient to your product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market plans
- Learn how to build, critique, and apply the B2B "buyer persona" to your enterprise or start-up business
- Expand your marketing experience as you build and hone your persona skills online and on your schedule
- Evaluate your success by mastering post-lesson tests and pre- and post-assessment quizzes
- Discover how to collaborate with your colleagues as your work the persona exercise
- Earn the B2B persona certificate, showing your mastery of this important tool
This course will cover the following topics
Introduction to B2B buyer personas
- Persona Introduction
- What does not having a persona look like?
- What is a persona?
- Quiz 1: Persona Pre-Assessment 5 questions
- Exercise 1
- 10-Step Process Overview
- Step 1: Clarify your marketing objectives
- Quiz: Your marketing objectives & your persona 3 questions
- Step 2: Gather your resources
- Quiz: Conducting some quick market research 3 questions
- Step 3: Form a team
- Quiz: Forming your team
Working the persona template
- Download the persona template
- Step 4: Demographics - Who are they?
- Quiz: Understanding demographics
- Step 5: Where do they work?
- Quiz: Exploring the company your persona works for
- Step 6: Psychographics - Why do they behave like they do?
- Quiz: Understanding psychographics
- Step 7: Examples
- Quiz: Looking at a few persona examples
Using the persona
- Step 8: Socialize it
- Quiz: How to socialize your draft persona
- Step 9: Apply it
- Quiz: How to apply your persona to your marketing activities
- Step 10: Learn from it
- Quiz: How to learn from your persona
Moving forward: Bring your own persona to life
- Exercise 2: Build your own persona
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Conclusion & additional resources
Who is this course for?
- Product Marketing Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Engineering Managers
- Product Owners
- Marketing Communications Managers
- Marcom Managers
Requirements for this course include:
- A basic understanding of your business and the value you provide your customers
- Familiarity with basic target segmentation models
- A basic understanding of go-to-market strategies
- At least some hands-on experience in basic marketing programs, such as writing press releases, web copy, advertising, presentations used by sales teams, etc
- Public Relations Manager.
- Market Research Analyst.
- Advertising Manager.
- Brand Manager.
- Media Buyer.
- Meeting, Convention and Event Planners.
- Chief Marketing Officer.
- Promotions Manager.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.