This course will show you how to create an original, professional-looking, mobile responsive author website, where you can engage with your readers.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
The How To Build A Responsive Author Website course will show you how to create an original, professional-looking, mobile responsive author website, where you can engage with your readers and turn them into fans.
One of the biggest hurdles that a new author faces at the beginning of their self-publishing career is that of anonymity. Fortunately, there are a number of strategies available to self-published authors to overcome this, such as Perma-free Books, Lead Magnets, Front and Back Matter Promotions, Search Engine Optimisation, Video Marketing and Guest Post Commenting, each of which can be very effective.
Central to all of these promotional strategies is an online presence and in particular an author website.
If you have yet to start building your writer platform, then now is the time to do so, beginning with the creation of a great looking author website.
A step-by-step guide to creating a professional responsive website that you will be proud of.
In this course, you will get an over-the-shoulder view as I build a responsive author website totally from scratch for one of my niches, step-by-step.
In this way you will learn:
- How to brand your author website, create a Gravatar, choose a domain name, a hosting package and how to propagate your domain name to your hosting package
- How to install WordPress, configure the basic settings, install a premium theme, install a premium skin and customise your website to make it look totally original
- How to choose the correct plugins for your website, add engaging content and of course your library of books.
The building of a mobile responsive author website really is a MUST for every self-published author. And this course will walk you through it every step of the way.
Who is the target audience?
- Self-published Authors
The How To Build A Responsive Author Websitewill cover the following topics:
Section 1 - Introduction To The Course
- An Overview Of The Course
- A Brief Look At The Author Website We Are Going To Create Together From Scratch (Without Commentary)
- The Four Key Investments Of Self-Publishing: No. 1 – Building An Author Website
Section 2 - Branding Your Author Website
- Building Your Author Brand
- Brand Image: Creating A Gravatar
- Choosing A Domain Name
- Getting Your Domain Name
- Forwarding Your Domain Name To Amazon Author Central
Section 3 - Hosting Your Author Website
- Choosing A Hosting Package
- Purchasing A Hosting Package
- A Look Around The Control Panel
- Propagating Your Domain Name From Your Domain Name Provider To Your Host
- Assigning Your Domain To Your Hosting Account
Section 4 - Setting Up A WordPress Site
- Why WordPress?
- Installing WordPress
- Configuring The Basic Settings For WordPress
Section 5 - Adding A Premium WordPress Theme And Skin
- An Introduction To Frameworks, Themes And Skins
- Installing And Setting Up The Thesis Framework
- Installing And Setting Up The Effectus Skin
- An Overview Of The Effectus Skin’s Content Settings
- An Overview Of The Effectus Skin’s Design Settings
- Creating A Header For The Website
- Adding A Header To The Website
Section 6 - Adding Content To Your Author Website
- Content Is King
- Giving Value On Your Website
- Differences Between Posts And Pages
- How To Create A Post
- A Look At Categories
- A Look At Tags
- Introducing Plugins
- How To Create A Plugin-powered Post: Part 1
- How To Create A Plugin-powered Post: Part 2
- Introducing Custom Page Templates
- How To Create A Contact Page
- How To Create An About Page
- How To Create A Navigation Menu
- How To Create A Book Page: Part 1
- How To Create A Book Page: Part 2
- Adding Hierarchal Pages: Book Pages
- Introducing Widgets And Sidebars: Adding A Book Widget
- Adding Custom Sidebars: Part 1
- Adding Custom Sidebars: Part 2
- How To Add An Image To The Action Box
- Adding An Author Box
Who is this course for?
This course is recommended for self-published authors who want to build their own author website.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.