Explore the various tricks and tips for managing your household cleanliness and activities with the Housekeeping and Cleaning Course.
Housekeeping is a broad area that involves the management of all types of activities that are involved in a house covering cleaning, cooking, home maintenance, shopping, laundry, bill pay and more. The course is designed to train you to manage all the housekeeping activities along with the basic cleaning strategies. Inside the course, you will get insight into the necessary equipment and other tools that you should use for cleaning your home. The course explains the skills and techniques of managing housekeeping works.
The course is also suitable for the people who want to serve as housekeeping or cleaning staff and need to work for offices and other organizations. The course trains you professionally to keep the area clean and tidy. By the end of the course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge about how to maintain and manage various household activities.
Everyone knows a little bit about housekeeping and cleaning. However, training is a must as it promotes better cleaning practices and standards. It will also help you to reduce waste and save your time. Proper knowledge about cleaning and housekeeping will save your time, money and energy. Within a limited time, you will able to clean and decorate your home and office easily.
Throughout the course, you will understand the right ways of cleaning and housekeeping. The course teaches you planning, organizing, surface materials, cleaning techniques and health and safety for chemicals, equipment and more. The course guides you to understand the furniture types and shows you the right ways of cleaning that furniture. The cleaning procedures of wooden furniture are different from that of steel furniture. By enrolling the course, you will able to choose the appropriate ways of cleaning your household materials. The course teaches you how to make the area dust free. For doing these, you need to have various equipment such as manual and electronic equipment. In the course, you will know about different types of equipment and their usage. The course also shows you how to clean these appliances or equipment.
Therefore the course is suitable for people who are already in the domestic and want to retrain or expand their skills and strategies. The course is also perfect for the individuals who want to come in the industry and do not have any prior knowledge about cleaning.
Key features of the course:
- Lifetime access to the course
- No hidden fees, only pay the price of the course which includes exam fees.
- Recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Study from anywhere, anytime, whenever it is convenient for you.
- Affordable and engaging e-learning study materials
- Study at your own pace from tablet, PC or smartphone
- Online tutor support when you are in need.
What Will You Learn?:
- Understand the areas that you should focus while cleaning your home.
- Explore the various ways of cleaning and able to choose the right ways for cleaning.
- Learn to prepare a cleaning plan for your house or home.
- Able to choose the right approach of cleaning for your home, office or any places.
- Get insight into the difference between a housekeeper and a cleaner.
- Gain technical understanding over the tools, equipment and products you should use while housekeeping and cleaning.
- Know about both manual and electrical housekeeping tools.
- Learn how to clean the cleaning materials and compliances.
- Learn about manual vs electronic cleaning materials.
- Housekeeping Principles
- Understanding Staff Duties
- Inventory Control
- Planning & Organising the Housekeeping Department
- Understanding Budgeting
- Carpet Maintenance
- Wall, Ceiling and Window Cleaning and Maintenance
- Standard Operational Procedures in Hotel Housekeeping
- Laundry Operation in Hotel
- Health and Safety
- Cleaning Procedures
- Office Cleaning
- Entryways and lobbies
- Hard Floor Maintenance
- Floor Stripping
- Carpet Maintenance
- Carpet Extraction Cleaning
- Pest Management
- People with special needs
- Cleaning products
- Medical Cleaning
- Cleaning Business
- Tidying or Cleaning?
- Ensuring Chemical Safety
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed online with a multiple-choice test, which is marked automatically. You will know instantly whether you have passed or not. Those who pass this test will have the qualification of Housekeeping and Cleaning Course. Certificate will be produced in PDF format at an additional cost and sent by email.
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.