Hotel Management : Housekeeping, Engineering & Security
- Tutor is available to students
Behind the scenes of every calm, quiet and immaculate hotel is a round-the-clock workforce taking care of key duties. Housekeeping, maintenance and security are constantly ongoing in almost every modern hotel setting. To provide guests with the kind of seamless, consistent experience they expect, nothing can be left to chance. The simplest issues and inconveniences can make all the difference – hence the importance of dealing with them before they arise. Deploying, managing and optimising these extensive and complex HR teams can be a challenge. Those who oversee housekeeping, maintenance and security departments must be dynamic, resourceful and able to work under extreme pressure.
Explore three of the most important hotel departments and a series of key management essentials with this insightful tutorial. Core topics covered include organisation of housekeeping departments, managing guest amenities, the role and important of security departments, employee training in fire safety, in-house versus contracted security departments and more.
- Explain the functions of Housekeeping Department
- Explore different Managerial Styles
- Access the importance of Hotel Security
- Organisation of Housekeeping Department
- Management of Guest Amenities
- Importance of a Security Department
- In-House Security Departments versus Contracted
- Fire Safety
- Employee Training in Fire Safety
- Developing the Emergency Communication Plan
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Confident, self motivated and passionate individuals
- Hospitality workers seeking for CPD
- Hospitality staff looking to expand knowledge and skills
- Candidates looking to enhance their CVs
- Anyone interested to expand their knowledge
No prior knowledge is required to take this unit.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.