Wouldn’t it be great to put yourself into the business of helping people? The hospitality industry is always looking for talented individuals who want to find success while helping to brighten people’s days. Is the hospitality industry for you? Do you meet any or all of the following criteria?
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Do you like being a host or hostess?
- Do you have a passion for food?
- Do you want a career where you are in a position of control?
If any of these sound like you, our online Hotel & Catering Management course can help you start a new career doing something that you love.
Our course will open up a lot of opportunities for you, whether you are looking to start your own hotel or catering company, or you would just like to climb the ladder at the hotel at which you currently work. In our comprehensive online course, you will learn:
- Food science
- Food production and service
- How to run a front office
- How to manage and coordinate housekeeping services
- Basic accounting, marketing, sales, communication, and customer service strategies and techniques
- How to use technology to your advantage
Module 1: Hospitality management
- 1.1 Operating a hotel or catering company
- 1.2 Projecting comfort and ease
- 1.3 Elevating your business
- 1.4 Making a profit
Module 2: Food science
- 2.1 Chemistry of cooking
- 2.2 Food preservation
- 2.3Food technology
- 2.4 Nutrition
Module 3: Food production
- 3.1 Basic cooking styles
- 3.2 Basic cooking methods
- 3.3 Food handling
- 3.4 Menu planning
- 3.5 Pricing
Module 4: Food & beverage service
- 4.1 Planning the event
- 4.2 Types of catering options
- 4.3 Greeting and receiving guests
- 4.3 Food service
- 4.4 Bar service
- 4.5 Coordinating in-hotel restaurants
Module 5: Hotel roles
- 5.1 Food & beverage management
- 5.2 Maître
- 5.3 Chef/Cook
- 5.4 Butlers
- 5.5 Porters
- 5.6 Housekeeping staff
Module 6: Hotel front office
- 6.1 Coordination
- 6.2 Accommodating guests
- 6.3Promoting deals and special offers
- 6.4 Cashiering and handling money
Module 7: Back office management
- 7.1 Supporting the front office
- 7.2 Managing employees
- 7.3 Special programs
- 7.4 Managing bookings
- 7.5Attracting guests and VIP’s
Module 8: Housekeeping & laundry operation
- 8.1 Staging the room
- 8.2 Hygiene and health
- 8.3 Laundry services
- 8.4 Accommodating guests
Module 9: Accounting
- 9.1 Keeping proper records
- 9.2 Balancing the book
- 9.3 Cost analysis
- 9.4 Calculating loss and gain
- 9.5 Analysing and maximizing profit
Module 10: Sales & marketing
- 10.1 Customer satisfaction
- 10.2 Attracting and keeping customers
- 10.3 Understanding the consumer
- 10.4 Pricing
- 10.5 Deals, promotions, coupons, etc.
- 10.6 Procedures Manual
Module 11: Communication
- 11.1 Helping customers
- 11.2 Handling stressful situations
- 11.3 Communication strategies
- 11.4 Communicating between departments
- 11.5 Managing complaints and concerns
Module 12: Applications of technology
- 12.1 Basic business computers
- 12.2 Information technology
- 12.3 Catering management tools
- 12.4 Making your business shine
Module 13: Hotel security and health & safety
- 13.1 Necessary security positions
- 13.2 Fire and emergency safety
- 13.3 In-room security and safety
- 13.4 First Aid and response plans
- 13.5 Making guest feel safe and comfortable
Who is this course for?
Whether you are looking to switch to a more exciting and rewarding career, or are looking for a first career that is both challenging and fulfilling, our online Hotel & Catering Management will get you started on your way to happiness.
You won’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home, as our intensive online course load will be available to you whenever you like, wherever you are.
Making a positive change in your life has never been this easy. Enrol in our online Hotel & Catering Management course soon, and give yourself the satisfaction and fulfilment of a new, rewarding career.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After completing this course, you could:
- Start a career in the hospitality industry
- Impress your bosses with your newfound knowledge and skills, earning a promotion or raise
- Open your own hotel, hostel, or guesthouse
- Found a catering company
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.