Add to basket or enquire
Certificate of achievement in Hotel Receptionist Level 5. Additional CPD Accredited Certificate with 100 CPD points available with no extra study. The course comes with easy to understand e-learning study materials.
Endorsed Hotel Receptionist Level 5 Diploma of Achievement. Explore the fascinating world of front-desk operations a hospitality setting, with this exclusive Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Skills Diploma! Enhance your CV with an endorsed award and pursue a rewarding career in one of the world’s most popular and prosperous sectors!
Worldwide, hotels employ tens of millions of people for a variety of key duties. Nevertheless, nobody plays a more important or influential role that the receptionist - aka front-desk operative. Receptionists are the first, the last and often the only team members guests encounter during their stay. They take reservations, they welcome guests upon arrival and they ensure every customer is provided with everything they need to enjoy their visit. They also handle special requests, customer complaints and all in-house issues that may affect the wider guest experience. Ultimately, receptionists hold the reputation of the entire establishment in their hands. This is why employers and decision-makers are extremely selective when appointing key front-of-house personnel. If you intend to climb the career ladder in a hospitality setting, you need to demonstrate your capabilities and your commitment to the cause.
This exclusive Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Skills Diploma provides a detailed introduction to all essential front desk operations. Get to know the role of the hotel receptionist at an advanced level, along with the functions and objectives of front-desk services. Learn how to deal with difficult guests and challenging situations, build business-level communication skills and become a more confident personal-seller. Enjoy the freedom to study in your own time at a pace that suits your lifestyle, with full tutor support provided throughout. Whether new to front-desk operations or pursuing promotion to a more senior position, this Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Skills Diploma could transform your prospects in a hospitality setting!
Enrol online in just a few clicks, or contact a member of our admissions team for more information!
Hotel Receptionist Diploma - Course Benefits
This endorsed Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Diploma could be just the ticket to take your career as a front-desk operative to the next level. Enrol online and gain access to a variety of benefits including:
- Complete flexibility from start to finish, with no deadlines imposed and no time-restrictions to worry about.
- The freedom to study from any location worldwide, using almost any connected device to access our 24/7 digital learning platform.
- All learning resources and study aids included in the initial course fee, along with expert tutor support provided throughout.
- The option to take breaks at any time during the course, without incurring penalties and with no formal study schedules.
- An invaluable opportunity to enhance your CV and your career prospects, with an endorsed Level 5 Hotel Reception Skills Diploma!
ReceptionistSkillsDiploma - Learning Objectives
The objective of this course is to provide newcomers and existing receptionists alike with a complete introduction to hotel front-desk operations. Most importantly, the course sets out to clarify the importance of the role at the heart of hospitality management. Candidates explore the responsibilities of those who serve as frontline representatives of the entire organisation. The objectives and advantages of effective front-desk services are explored, along with potential consequences of substandard reception skills.
Worldwide, demand for skilled front-desk operatives across the entire hospitality sector is at an all-time high. Over the course of 10 detailed units, this exclusive Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Skills Diploma discusses the skills, knowledge and character traits of the elite hotel receptionist. Whether setting your sights on promotion or exploring an entirely new career path, this endorsed hospitality diploma could help you take that next big step.
Upon completion of the course, candidates will have explored the intricacies of successful front-desk operations at an advanced level, including but not limited to following:
- An overview of all essential front office tasks
- The responsibilities of the hotel receptionist
- How to handle challenging guests and difficult situations
- The importance of confident communication skills
- Advanced negotiations and sales skills
- Techniques for dealing with overbookings and errors
- Professional complaint handling techniques
- Advanced telephone communication skills
- The fundamentals of hotel safety and security
Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Skills Diploma
We go the extra mile by providing every candidate with a complete suite of learning resources and expert tutor support from start to finish. Each of the 10 course modules concludes with an online assessment, which will be marked by your personally-assigned tutor and returned with helpful feedback:
Module 1 - Introduction to Front Office Operations
- Front Office Functions
- Front-of-the-House Operations
- Back-of-the - House Operations
- The Function of the Front Office Manager
- The Art of Supervising
- Types of Reservation System
- Accepting or Denying Reservation
- Yield Management: Choosing the Most Profitable Reservations
- Basic Concepts of Yield Management
- Check–In Process
- Front Office Accounting
- Check–Out Process
- The Electronic Front Office (EFO)
Module 2 - The Role of the Hotel Receptionist
- Work Activities
- Cash handling
- Shift Checklists
- Guest Confidentiality
- Marketing Materials
Module 3 - Dealing with Hotel Guests
- The Guest Journey
- Email Bookings
- Pre-Arrival Checks
- Allocating rooms
Module 4 - Call Handling Skills
- The Importance of Empathy
- Defining Communication
- Asking Questions
- Telephone Techniques
- Handling Everyday Requests
Module 5 - Interpersonal Skills
- What are Communication Skills?
- Getting Better with Communication
- Probing Techniques
Module 6 - Negotiation Skills
- Handling Objections
- Closing the Sale
- The Changing Customer
- What the Customer Wants
- Negotiation Techniques
- Practicing Negotiation
- Phases of Negotiation
- Negotiation Made Easier
- High Impact Moments
Module 7 - Sales Skills
- Essential Skills
- Consultative Selling
- Customer Focused Selling
- The Sales Cycle
- Law of attraction
- Expectancy theory
- Setting Goals with SPIRIT
Module 8 - Dealing with Overbookings
- Causes of overbooking
- Proactive Out-Booking
- Reactive Out-Booking
- General Guidelines
Module 9 - Complaint Handling
- Performance Response Standards
- Reasons for Customer Grievances
- Types of Complainers
- Complaint Management
- The Complaint Management Process
- Guidelines for Handling Complaints
- Complaints Analysis Reports
- Resolving Problems and Quality-Improvement Activities
- Decide the Means to Select the Preferred Solution
- Implement, Monitor and Review
Module 10 - Security & Emergency Measures
- The Security Department
- Organization of a Security Department
- In-House Security Departments Versus Contracted
- Fire Code General Requirements.
- Guest Expectations
- Fire Safety Plan
- Employee Training in Fire Safety
- Guest Instruction in Fire Safety
- Emergency Communication
- Employee Safety Training
Who is this course for?
This advanced Hotel Receptionist Diploma is ideal for anyone to climb the ladder in a hospitality setting. For newcomers, an endorsed Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Diploma could boost your chances of securing your first front-desk role. For more experienced receptionists, targeted studies could fast-track your progression to a more senior position. Whatever your objectives in the field of hospitality, you’ll be one step closer to reaching them with an endorsed award on your CV!
Once again, we take pride in the flexibility, accessibility and affordability of our exclusive online courses. Enrolment is open 365 days a year, making now perfect time to get started. From start to finish, you can count on the complete support of your personally-assigned tutor to help you gain maximum value from your studies.
Signed up for this exclusive Level 5 Hotel Receptionist Diploma today, or contact our admissions team for more information!
There is no particular entry requirement.
OPTION-I: Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards
At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £120 accreditation fee+postal charges.
Certificate of Completion
FREE PDF Certificate
If you need hard copy of this certificate you will pay £25
OPTION-II: CPD Certificate
Upon successful completion of the course, a fee is payable for a CPD Accredited Diploma in PDF format or hard copy.
CPD Accredited Diploma (PDF format)=£30
CPD Accredited Diploma (Hardcopy)=£95
Career opportunities for qualified front-desk operatives extend to millions of hospitality establishments worldwide. Typical job titles in the field of front-desk operations include the following:
- Front Desk Associate
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Office Attendant
- Front-of-House Manager
- Meeting Specialist
- Hotel Clerk
- Hotel Receptionist
- Reservations Agent
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.