Add to basket or enquire
Do you love to meet new people and try out new food? Are you a team player? Are you famished for a job in a fast-paced, dynamic industry? If yes, then Hospitality & Restaurant Management is just the course for you.
It is impossible to run a successful restaurant on simply strong supervision. A restaurant needs good leadership from the beginning to the end. There are too many people doing too many different things in a restaurant, and a restaurant manager with a multitude of skills is required to keep up with those operations. This Hospitality & Restaurant Management course can benefit you in various ways in your transition into a dynamic restaurant manager.
Hospitality and restaurant management covers a wide variety of activities — spanning event planning, catering service and service management, among others. This masterclass with expert-outlined modules encloses all the significant aspects of hospitality and restaurant management. Starting from an introduction to the restaurant industry to the basics of food safety legislation, this advanced-level course will teach you all!
Throughout this restaurant management course, you will learn about the process of developing and training required to get the finest staff in the hospitality industry. You will take a deep dive into crucial topics like food safety and hygiene, food-borne illness, contamination control and more. This restaurant management course is a perfect package for you to take your first step toward the hospitality and restaurant industry.
So hurry up! Join this Hospitality & Restaurant Management course today and unfold the secrets of restaurant management to make your mark in the industry.
Our Hospitality & Restaurant Management course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development.
What will I learn from this Hospitality & Restaurant Management course:
- Gain a deeper understanding of hospitality management, including an overview of the hotel and restaurant industry.
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to recruit and train the most exemplary staff in the industry.
- Know how to manage both the front office and food operations.
- Understand the underlying principles of food safety and hygiene.
- Become familiar with food-borne diseases like food poisoning, dysentery, typhoid and more
- Learn the ins and outs of designing and constructing food premises and equipment.
- Develop your knowledge of contamination control and pest management.
- Familiarise yourself with the significance of personal hygiene in the aspect of food safety legislation.
- Become skilled at food safety management systems and tools in order to build a better food business.
Why People Enrol this Hospitality & Restaurant Management Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Hospitality & Restaurant Management course
- Learning materials of our Hospitality & Restaurant Management course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Hospitality & Restaurant Management course content for a full year
- Complete the Hospitality & Restaurant Management course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Hospitality & Restaurant Management course
Dedicated tutor support and 24/7 customer support are available to all students with this premium quality Hospitality & Restaurant Management course. Get the help you require and the answers to all your queries throughout the comprehensive syllabus of this Hospitality & Restaurant Management course.
This premium online course titled Hospitality & Restaurant Management ensures your professional development with & IAO accreditation. You’ll have the privilege of learning in your own time, at your own pace and earning an accredited certification.
With this Hospitality & Restaurant Management programme, success becomes a lot easier that enables you to monetise your skills. This Hospitality & Restaurant Management course is designed for both part-time and full-time students and can be completed at a pace that suits your learning style.
This Hospitality & Restaurant Management course is developed by industry experts and is packed with several insightful modules to give you a proper understanding of Hospitality & Restaurant Management and allow you to accelerate your career.
Here is a curriculum breakdown of the Hospitality & Restaurant Management course:
Module 1: Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Importance of Hospitality
- Hospital Delivery Management
- Total Quality Management Applications
- Developing a Service Management Program
- Customer Relationship Management
Module 2: An Overview of Hotel Industry
- Eco Hotel
- Conference and Resort Hotels
- Boutique Hotel
- Apartment Hotel
- Destination Club
Module 3: Restaurant Industry
- Early History of Eating Out
- Kinds and Characteristics of Restaurants
- Criteria for Locating a Restaurant
Module 4: Restaurant Leadership and Management
- The Nature of Leadership
- Restaurant Concepts
- Policies and Procedures
- Restaurant Management Issues
Module 5: The Process of Selection and Recruitment in the Hospitality Industry
- Flexible Employees
- The Importance of Planning Ahead
- The Job Description
- Describing the Ideal Recruit
- Attracting Candidates
- Getting Information From the Candidates
- Short Listing and Selection of Candidates
- Types of Interviews
- Role Plays
- Aptitude Test
- Procedures of Interviewing
- New Employee Induction Programmes
- On the First Day of Work
Module 6: The Process of Development and Training in the Hospitality Industry
- The Benefits of Training
- Identifying Training Needs
- The Training Plan
- Carry Out the Training Programme
- Evaluating the Training Undertaken
- Developing a Training Programme
- Identification of Tasks and Job Management Skills
- Preparing Step-by-Step Procedures
- Management Concepts
- Steps in the Training Process
- Preparation: “Get Ready”
- Delivery: “Show Me”
- Methods of Presentation
- Skill Demonstration
- On-the-Job Training
- Commercial Videos
- Distance Learning
- Trial and Error: “Let Me Do It”
- Follow-up: “Check My Progress”
- Administering a Training Programme
- Developing a Trainer
Module 7: Management of Front Office Operations
- The Arrival Chronology
- Front Office Operations
Module 8: Management of Food and Beverage Operations
- Food and Beverage Management
- Food Operations
- Stewarding Department
- Catering Department
- Room Service/In-Room Dining
- Sustainable Food and Beverage Operations
- Trends in Lodging Food and Beverage Operations
Module 9: Food Safety – An Introduction
- What is Food Safety?
- Importance of Food safety
- Food-Borne Illness
- Which Foods Cause Illness?
- Key Terms of Food Safety
- Vulnerable Risk Groups
Module 10: Supervision of Food Safety
- What is a Supervisor?
- Essential Supervisor Skills
- Suggested Responsibilities of a Supervisor
- The Role of the Supervisor
- What Sort of Supervisory Styles Count?
- Failures of Management and Supervisors
- Food Safety Cultures
- Food Safety Policies
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
Module 11: Food Safety Legislation
- Current Legislation
- Food Law Enforcement Agencies
- Enforcement of Food Laws
- Food Law Code of Practice
- Food Hygiene Legislation
- Whistleblowing in the Food Industry
- Fines and Prosecution
- Due Diligence
- Food Business Operator and Employee Responsibilities
- Investigating Outbreak and Food-Borne Illness
Module 12: Food Safety Management System
- What is a Food Safety Management System (FSMS)?
- What is Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)?
- The Implementation of HACCP (12 logical steps)
- HACCP Principles
Module 13: Food Safety Management Tools
- Safer Food, Better Business (SFBB)
- Food Safety Management for Retailers
- Cook-Safe Food Safety Assurance System
- My HACCP for Small Food Manufacturers
- Management Responsibilities
- Documenting the Food Safety System
Module 14: Contamination Hazards
- Where Can Contamination Occur?
- Sources of Contamination
- Types of Contamination Hazards
- Vehicles of Contamination
- Cross Contamination
- Detecting Contaminants
Module 15: Controlling Contamination
- The Control of Different Contamination Hazards
- Food Storage
- Stock Control
- Recording and Labelling
- Use by Dates
- Food Preparation and Cooking
- The role of the Supervisor in Preventing Contamination
Module 16: Food Poisoning (Bacterial) and Food-Borne Illness
- What is Food Poisoning?
- Food-Borne Illness
- Food-Borne Viruses
Module 17: Food Poisoning (Non-Bacterial)
- Chemical Food Poisoning
- Metallic Food Poisoning
- Poisonous Plants and Fishes
- Scombrotoxic Fish Poisoning
- PSP and DSP
- Generic Control Measures
Module 18: Personal Hygiene
- Food Safety Legislation and High Standards of Personal Hygiene
- Hazards from Food Handlers
- Protective Clothing
- Exclusion of Food Handlers
- The Role of Supervisor in Personal Hygiene
Module 19: Food Premises and Equipment: The Design and Construction
- Selecting a Suitable Site
- General Principles of Design
- Food Premises Construction
- The Design and Construction of Equipment
- Maintenance of Premises and Equipment
Module 20: Pest Management
- Evidence of Pests
- Contamination Caused by Pests
- Pest Control
- Common control methods
- The Use of Pest Control Contractor
- A Due-Diligence Defence
- The Role of Supervisor in Pest Control
Module 21: Food Safety Training for the Staff
- The Importance of Training
- Staff Induction Training
- On-Going Training
- Staff Training Records
- The Role of The Management
How is the Hospitality & Restaurant Management Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Hospitality & Restaurant Management course, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. The hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £129
- International: £129 + £10 (postal charge) = £139
IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Hospitality & Restaurant Management course, you will qualify for the IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Hospitality & Restaurant Management course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Hospitality & Restaurant Management course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Hospitality & Restaurant Management course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and being over the age of 16.
This Hospitality & Restaurant Management course will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this Hospitality & Restaurant Management course. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.