Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
How do plants photosynthesise? What are the secrets of crafting a garden? How do you plant trees? All these questions and more will be answered in this course, which covers everything on horticulture — ranging from basic botany to plant nutrition.
This Level 7 Horticulture course is endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme and accredited by CPD & IAO (with 180 CPD points) to make your skill development and career progression
This Horticulture Course is the only guide you need for learning the essential topics thoroughly and acquire the necessary skills for a special discounted price. With only 612 hours of training towards your certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme and course materials designed by industry experts, any of your dreams in professional life can be turned into a reality.
Our exclusive Horticulture Course follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 20 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning. These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Horticulture Course.
You'll get a Free Student ID card by enrolling in this Horticulture course. This ID card entitles you to discounts on bus tickets, movie tickets, and library cards.
The Horticulture course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
Finally, you will be eligible for a certificate endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme which will fast-track your career and showcase your expertise on this topic to excel in your professional life.
Key Topics to Be Covered by Horticulture Course
- Plant Tissues & Cells: Structure and Function
- The Basic Structure of a Flower
- An Introduction to Plant Physiology
- How do Plants Photosynthesise?
- An Overview of Plant Nutrition
- The Classification of Plants
- Soil Composition & Testing Soil PH
- Organic Methods of Gardening
- Pest Control, Weed Control & Plant Diseases
Learning Outcomes of Horticulture Course
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the classification of plants and the structure of flowers
- Understand the process of photosynthesis and why it is so important for plants
- Deepen your understanding of the composition of soil and learn how to test soil PH
- Learn some organic methods of gardening and understand the benefits of organic gardening
- Know how to maintain gardens, sports grounds and interior landscapes
- Develop your knowledge of plant diseases and learn about pest and weed control
- Deepen your understanding of plant nutrition and soil health
- Learn step-by-step how to plant a tree and nurture it to full growth
Skills You Will Gain
- Basic botany
- Knowledge of plant physiology
- Understanding of soil science
Turn your dream for a career in horticulture into a reality.
Consider yourself an outdoor person that wouldn’t be caught in an office job or at an office desk? Get ready to reap the rewards of what mother nature and her land can bring you! This horticulture course has everything you need to be astute in the field of horticulture, allowing you to run your own business, work in management or advance your knowledge to upskill yourself into further areas. The horticulture course is structured in a way that will build your foundation knowledge in horticulture before drilling into specific areas of crop production and maintenance, the advantage being you can tailor your learning specifically to your area(s) of interest.
Through this comprehensive horticulture course, you will explore the fascinating world of plants and flowers, taking an in-depth look at how they thrive and survive in various environments. You will learn about the different classifications of plants, how to test soil composition, learn organic methods of gardening, plus much more.
Discover the beauty of the plant world and gain all the fundamental skills to kickstart a career in the field of horticulture, becoming an expert in plant cultivation. This step-by-step training course will also discuss the fundamentals of weed control, pest control and plant diseases.
Why Prefer this Horticulture Course?
- Opportunity to earn a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme and another certificate accredited by CPD & IAO after completing this Horticulture course
- Student ID card with amazing discounts — completely for FREE! (Postal charges will be applicable for international delivery)
- Standard-aligned lesson planning
- Innovative and engaging contents and activities
- Assessments that measure higher-level thinking and skills
- Complete the Horticulture program in your own time, at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
Course Curriculum of Horticulture Training Program
Horticulture Module 01: Basic Botany Horticulture
- Plant Tissues
- Plant Cells
- Photosynthetic Tissue
- Structure and Function
- Basic Structure of a Flower
- The Pistil Consists of Four Parts
- Pollen and Nectar
- Basic Plant Physiology
- How to Improve?
- Nutrient Uptake & Transportation
Horticulture Module 02: Plant Classification
- Non-Vascular Plants
- Vascular Plants with Spores
- Vascular Plants with Seeds
- Flowering Plants (Magnoliophyte)
- Divisions of the Plant Kingdom
Module 03: Soil Science
- What is Soil?
- The Soil Profile
- Factors Affecting Soil Formation
- Parent Materials
- Characteristics of Soils
- Soil Structure and Its Importance
- Different Types of Soil Structure
- Understanding pH and Testing the pH of Soil
- Interpreting the Results of a Soil pH Test
Horticulture Module 04: Plant Nutrition Requirements
- Essential Nutrients
- Essential Elements for Plant Growth
- Macronutrients and Micronutrients
- Natural Amendments
- Organic Methods of Gardening
- Climatic Factors That Contribute To the Health of Plants
- Rainfall and Water
- Enzyme Activity
- Relative Humidity
- Wind as Climatic Factor
Horticulture Module 05: Plant Pests and Diseases
- Organic Pest Control for Fruit and Vegetables
- Allium Leaf Miner
Horticulture Module 06: Basic Concepts of Organic Gardening
- What Is Organic?
- What Exactly Is Involved In Organic Gardening?
- How Do You Amend Soil?
Horticulture Module 07: Weed Control
- When to Control Weeds
- How to Control Weeds Without Chemicals
- Weed Barriers
- Weed-suppressant Fabrics
Horticulture Module 08: Plant Propagation
- What is Plant Propagation?
- Sexual Propagation
- Methods of Breaking Dormancy
Horticulture Module 09: Amenity Horticulture, Plant Selection and Native Plants
- Amenity Horticulture
- Areas of Work
- Plant Selection Factor
- Basic Procedure for Planting a Tree
Horticulture Module 10: Exotic Plants
- Practical Considerations
- Suitable Plants
- Shrubs – Tender and Half-Hardy
Horticulture Module 11: Indoor Plants
- What are Indoor plants?
- How do you plant indoor plants?
- What are the best indoor plants?
- How do you re-pot indoor plants?
- How do indoor plants affect people’s mood?
Horticulture Module 12: Lawns
- Traditional Lawn Turf
- Fine Turf
- Shade Tolerant Turf
Horticulture Module 13: Planting and Plant Care
- Planting a Tree
- Planting Stress
- Caring for New Plants Prior to Planting
Horticulture Module 14: Plant Nodes and Indigenous Plants
- Identifying Nodes
- Plant Internodes
Horticulture Module 15: Plant Protection, Landscaping and Garden Design
- Protecting Plants from the Winter
Horticulture Module 16: Ornamental Horticulture
- What is Ornamental horticulture?
- What is Floriculture?
- Ornamental Trees and Shrubs
- Bulb Crops
Horticulture Module 17: Permaculture
- What Is Permaculture?
- Aspects of Permaculture
- Work with Nature
- Observation Is The Key!
Horticulture Module 18: Arboriculture
- History of Arboriculture
- Who Is an Arboriculturalist?
- Difference between Horticulturists & Arborists
Horticulture Module 19: Horticulture Statistics
- Field Vegetables
- Protected Vegetable
Horticulture Module 20: Results from the 2018 Seasonal Labour in Horticulture End of Year
- Survey for England
- Key Results for Farms with Horticulture in 2018:
- Detailed Results
- Use of Labour
Once you have completed all the modules in the Horticulture course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment. You will then receive instant results to let you know if you have successfully passed the Horticulture course.
You’ll also be provided with an assignment for further assessing your newly-gained knowledge & skills which is optional to submit.
Show off Your New Skills With a Certification of Completion
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Horticulture course, you can order an original hardcopy certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme. The certificate will be home-delivered, with a pricing scheme of —
- 139 GBP inside the UK
- 149 GBP (including postal fees) for international delivery
Certification Accredited by CPD & IAO
Upon finishing the Horticulture course, you will receive an accredited certification that is recognised all over the UK and also internationally. The pricing schemes are —
- 10 GBP for Digital Certificate
- 29 GBP for Printed HardCopy Certificate inside the UK
- 39 GBP for Printed HardCopy Certificate outside the UK (international delivery)
Who is this course for?
Is this Horticulture Course Right for You?
This comprehensive course is ideal for anyone looking to develop their understanding of horticulture and garden maintenance, as well as anyone looking to fast track their career in this field. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
The Horticulture course teaches you all the basics and more, it gives a very sound grounding for those already in the industry, those looking to enter the industry. Be prepared to learn a lot!
There are no formal education entry requirements for this Horticulture Course. This is open to anyone! Any learning enthusiast from anywhere in the world can enrol on this Horticulture course without any hesitation.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
The Horticulture Course is designed for those who are looking to kickstart a career as a horticulturist or develop their expertise in gardening. Professions in this field include the following:
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Are the modules carried out through videos?
Hi Adeela, Thank you very much for your query. It's an articulate course with voice over. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How many modules are there?
Dear James, There are 20 modules included in this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.