Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
In 1733, Carl Linnaeus developed a system of plant classification, which revolutionised the field of horticulture. Today, we offer a comprehensive course in horticulture that covers everything from basic botany to plant protection and garden design. Our Horticulture Worker programme is perfect for anyone interested in the science and practice of gardening.
This Advanced Diploma in Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7 course is endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme and accredited by CPDQS (with 180 CPD points) to make your skill development & career progression more accessible than ever!
Our Horticulture Worker course is designed to provide you with a solid foundation in the principles and practices of plant cultivation. You will learn about plant nutrition, soil science, plant pests and diseases, and the basics of organic gardening. You will also gain knowledge in plant propagation, exotic plants, and indoor plants. Additionally, the Horticulture Worker course includes modules on permaculture, arboriculture, and ornamental horticulture.
By the end of this Horticulture Worker programme, you will have developed a strong understanding of horticulture and its applications. You will be able to identify and classify plants, diagnose and treat plant diseases, and select appropriate plants for different environments. You will also be equipped with the skills necessary to design and maintain a variety of gardens, from lawns to landscaping projects.
This Horticulture Worker course is going to prepare you for:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of plant classification and identification
- Analyse and apply knowledge of soil science and plant nutrition requirements
- Identify and diagnose plant pests and diseases
- Evaluate and implement organic gardening techniques
- Propagate plants through various methods
- Design and maintain a variety of gardens and landscapes
Why Prefer This Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7 Course?
- Opportunity to earn a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme & another accredited by CPDQS which is completely free.
- Get a free student ID card! (£10 postal charge will be applicable for international delivery)
- Innovative and engaging content.
- Free assessments
- 24/7 tutor support
Take a step toward a brighter future!
*** Course Curriculum ***
Here is the curriculum breakdown of the Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7 course:
- Module 01: Basic Botany
- Module 02: Plant Classification
- Module 03: Soil Science
- Module 04: Plant Nutrition Requirements
- Module 05: Plant Pests and Diseases
- Module 06: Basic Concepts of Organic Gardening
- Module 07: Weed Control
- Module 08: Plant Propagation
- Module 09: Amenity Horticulture, Plant Selection and Native Plants
- Module 10: Exotic Plants
- Module 11: Indoor Plants
- Module 12: Lawns
- Module 13: Planting and Plant Care
- Module 14: Plant Nodes and Indigenous Plants
- Module 15: Plant Protection, Landscaping and Garden Design
- Module 16: Ornamental Horticulture
- Module 17: Permaculture
- Module 18: Arboriculture
- Module 19: Horticulture Statistics
- Module 20: Results from the 2018 Seasonal Labour in Horticulture End of Year
You have to complete the assignment questions given at the end of the course and score a minimum of 60% to pass each exam. Our expert trainers will assess your assignment and give you feedback after you submit the assignment.
You will be entitled to claim a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme after you have completed all of the Advanced Diploma in Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7 exams.
Who is this course for?
This Horticulture Worker course is for:
- Garden enthusiasts looking to deepen their knowledge of plant care
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in horticulture or landscaping
- Those seeking to improve their gardening skills and create beautiful outdoor spaces
No prior background or expertise is required.
The Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7 course will boost your CV and aims to help you get the job or even the long-awaited promotion of your dreams.Like as:
- Gardener: £17,000 - £25,000
- Landscape Designer: £20,000 - £40,000
- Arborist: £17,000 - £35,000
- Greenhouse Manager: £18,000 - £30,000
- Horticulture Therapist: £18,000 - £30,000
- Plant Breeder: £22,000 - £40,000
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Advanced Diploma in Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7
Hard copy certificate - Included
Show off Your New Skills with a Certificate of Completion
After successfully completing the Advanced Diploma in Horticulture Worker at QLS Level 7, you can order an original hardcopy certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme andalso you can order CPDQSAccredited Certificate that is recognised all over the UK and also internationally. The certificates will be home-delivered, completely free of cost.
CPDQS Accredited Certificate
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.