Add to basket or enquire
This Home Support Workers Training prepares you thoroughly for a bright future ahead with our easy-to-understand learning materials and professional certification. Simply enrol in this course with a special discount, get certified instantly and advance your career today in helping people in need.
Like all the courses of One Education, this Home Support Workers Training is also designed with the utmost attention and thorough research. All the topics are broken down into easy to understand bite-sized modules that help our learners to understand each lesson very easily.
We don’t just provide courses at One Education; we provide a rich learning experience. After purchasing a course from One Education, you get complete 1-year access with tutor support.
Our expert instructors are always available to answer all your questions and make your learning experience exquisite.
After completing the Home Support Workers Training, you will instantly get an e-certificate that will help you get jobs in the relevant field and will enrich your CV.
If you want to learn about this topic and want to get certified, you should consider this Home Support Workers Training from One Education.
Why People Love This Home Support Workers Training From One Education
- Instantly accessible certificate on successful completion of this Home Support Workers Training
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- Study at your own pace
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient assessment and instant results
Here at One Education, we put our heart and soul into every single course we design. We make sure that all our courses are designed and developed by industry experts. We aim always to provide value to our learners with quality courses.
Our learners are our top priority, and you as a learner will gain tremendous knowledge and skill on this topic from this Home Support Workers Training.
The certification that you will receive upon completing this Home Support Workers Training will help to boost your resume and will help you stand out among your peers in the competitive job market.
Our course will help you get employed in the relevant field and advance your career. Enjoy this expertly made course from One Education. Enrol now!
Course Curriculum Of The Home Support Workers Training
Here is a detailed course curriculum breakdown of Home Support Workers Training:
Module 1: Introduction to Family Support Work
- Definition of Family Support
- Principles of Family Support
- Function of Family Support Worker
Module 2: Solving Family Issues: part-1
- What are Mental Health Problems?
- Parental Mental Health and the Impact on Children of Different Ages
- The Impact of Parental Mental Health Problems on Parenting
Module 3: Solving Family Issues: part-2
- How to Help Children Deal With Divorce or Separation of Their Parents
- Defining 'parental Responsibility' and Who It is Given To
- How the Law Decides on 'contact' with Children
Module 4: Safeguarding - Assessing Need and Providing Help: Part-1
- What 'safeguarding' is and Why It is Necessary for Children
- Legislation Created to Help Protect Children
- Who is Responsible for Safeguarding Children
Module 5: Safeguarding - Assessing Need and Providing Help: Part-2
- Disabled Children, Carers, Youth Establishments and Contextual Safeguarding
- Assessment of Disabled Children and Their Carers
- Assessment of Young Carers
Module 6: Overview of Mental Health Support Worker
- Definition of Mental Health Support Worker
- Duties & Responsibilities of a Mental Health Support Worker
- Qualities of A Great Support Worker
Module 7: Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)
- What are Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)?
- Who makes up a CMHT?
- Referral to CMHT
- Procedures after the Referral
Module 8: The Participation of the Service User
- Who is a Service User?
- What does Involving Service User mean?
- Benefits of Service User Involvement
Module 9: Legislation, Policy, and Guidance
- Introduction to Legislation, Policy, and Guidance
- Overview of Legislation – England (
- The Children and Families Act of 2014
- Policy and Guidance – England
Module 10: The Mental Capacity Act
- Introduction to the Mental Capacity
- The Mental Capacity Act of 2005
- Changes that the MCA Will Introduce
- The Code of Practice for the MCA
Module 11: Confidentiality and Record Keeping
- Record Keeping
Module 12: Interface with Legislation, Policy and Procedures
- The MCA and The Mental Health Act 1983/2007
- The MCA and Assessment Processes Across Health and Social Care
- The MCA and State Benefit Appointees
- The MCA and Human Tissue Act 2004
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning of this Home Support Workers Training, you have to participate in an automated multiple-choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
After completing the Home Support Workers Training, you will qualify for the Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format for £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, for just £15.
Who is this course for?
Home Support Workers Training is ideal for —
- People looking to develop skills and expertise in home support work
- People aspiring for new jobs/promotions at their existing jobs
- Anyone looking to learn a new skill or acquire some knowledge
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in the Home Support Workers Training. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
Home Support Workers Training is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
Home Support Workers Training will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many support work-related job opportunities will be available for you to explore after completing this course. This course also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.