Add to basket or enquire
This comprehensive course can enhance your career prospects as a holiday representative. Whether you are fresh and new to the travel industry or you have experience and are looking to brush up your skills, this course will provide you with information and insight to help you achieve success.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Introduction to the Holiday Rep Diploma
The holiday rep diploma covers everything you need to know about this rewarding and demanding role from what the job entails to the duties you are required to complete and the legal aspects you need to be aware of.
The course comprises of eighteen modules that take approximately fifteen hours to complete. The benefit is that you can study at your own pace and in your own time; you find the modules online, enabling you to study using any device from anywhere where you have an internet connection.
During your study you will enjoy the added guidance and support from experienced tutors and on completion you will be awarded an industry recognised qualification.
What you Will Learn
- Understand your role as a holiday rep and how to secure yourself a position at a luxury resort.
- Get to know the career prospects for holiday reps from what traits tour operators look for to your certifications, passport and more.
- Know what types of holiday reps there are and the importance of being able to work as part of a team.
- Get a good understanding of British tourism and how age old traditions still play a role today.
- Receive valuable information on the different sectors associated with travel and tourism. Learn what makes the travel industry thrive.
- Learn how economic factors can influence your career moving forward, along with threats to the tourism industry at any given time.
- Identify the top qualities you need to have to ensure you are a team player. You will also learn how to sustain high team morale.
- Know your duties from health and safety to responsibilities, entertainment and more.
- Learn how to present yourself in a professional manner from uniforms to behaviour. This module will also provide you with valuable information on protecting yourself and occupational hazards you need to be aware of.
- Understand the legal side of the job. Know the Trade Descriptions Act, the Disability Discriminations Act and why you need to understand Denied Boarding Legislation.
- Get a firm understanding of guest safety from tips and advice to why it's so important.
- Learn how to deal with customer complaints effectively from resolving disputes to dealing with difficult customers.
- Understand the administrative tasks of the job, including reporting, cash handling and currency conversions.
- Learn how to hold the perfect customer meeting that makes a lasting impression.
- Get a good understanding on the basics of selling with valuable information on sales presentations to help you achieve success.
- Know how to handle transfers quickly and effectively to ensure the highest level of service at all times.
Benefits of Taking the Holiday Rep Diploma
There are numerous benefits to choosing to complete the holiday rep diploma. This is an entry level course and no previous experience or knowledge is required in order to register, but it is also a worthwhile course for those within the travel industry that haven't completed a qualification, helping them improve their chances of a successful career in the future.
The benefits of completing this course include:
- Up to date content that you can rely on.
- Get to understand the role of a holiday rep to help you complete your job to the highest standard at all times.
- Gain the confidence you need when managing clients.
- The course will open doors for you and help you achieve success in the travel industry.
- The course is industry recognised.
- On completion and successfully passing the multiple-choice test, you can download and print your certification immediately.
- The course can be studied at any time on any device with a connection to the internet offering convenience.
- Overall the course takes approximately fifteen hours to complete.
- You have access to experienced tutors throughout your study.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 18 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Your Introduction to Becoming a Holiday Rep
- Module 2 : Defining the Career of a Holiday Rep
- Module 3 : Exploring the Various Types of Holiday Reps
- Module 4 : Exploring the Origins and Growth of British Tourism
- Module 5 : The Components of the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Module 6 : Economical Factors that Affect Your Career
- Module 7 : Nailing the Teamwork Element Required to Surpass Expectations
- Module 8 : The Standard Duties of Holiday Reps
- Module 9 : Personal Presentation and Protection
- Module 10 : The Legalities Holiday Reps Need to Know About
- Module 11 : The Holiday Reps Role in Keeping their Guests Safe
- Module 12 : Effective Handling of Customer Complaints
- Module 13 : Administration Duties
- Module 14 : Crushing it with Customer Services
- Module 15: Creating the Perfect Welcome Meeting
- Module 16: Guide to Selling Excursions
- Module 17: Preparing and Conducting Transfers Successfully
- Module 18: Tallying Floats and Converting Currencies
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.