College of Contract Management
Add to basket or enquire
Marketing is a critically important factor in any business. Marketing is ultimately the art of understanding the needs of the customer above all else. Good marketing means prioritising what your customer wants from a product ahead of simply selling to them, which takes time and skill to do. For this reason, good marketeers are highly desired by companies looking to reach their target demographic. Due to this demand, the College of Contract Management has developed a course to help workers boost their career by offering a qualification in Business Marketing.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Marketing is awarded by Pearson, the largest and most popular awarding body in the UK. Correspondingly, this qualification is recognised and respected by employers and universities alike. Whether you’re looking to change careers, give your current profession an extra edge or go to university, this course is a fantastic option for any budding marketeers.
The course is done online so there’s no need to ‘go back to school’ as it were. You can continue with your career while gaining a valuable tool to push it to greater heights.
The HND in Business Marketing is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Modules for HND Business Marketing
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. You must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
Each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management and Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Product and Source Development(15 credits)
- Integrated Marketing Communications (15 credits)
- Digital Marketing (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)
- IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We will assess your progress at the end of each module by means of a written assignment. For HNC modules you will be given suggested essay questions while for HND modules you will think of them yourself. Each assignment will be marked as ‘Pass’, ‘Merit’ or ‘Distinction’ and collectively with your credits will make up your final grade.
How You’ll Study
To make your online learning experience as easy to manage as possible, we use a virtual study platform called Moodle. This will be your online hub for the duration of your course. On Moodle, you will find your lecture recordings, learning resources, timetable, friends list, forum and messages.
Each lecture will be delivered via a live web link. We will send you this link in the form of an online invitation via email.
How Often You’ll Study
Each lecture is 2 hours long. For the HND in Business course, we will hold 1-2 live lessons a week. These are held on Saturday and Sunday evenings, if a lecture is at a different time we will let you know well in advance.
We highly recommend spending a few hours a week on personal study. This will enhance your understanding of each topic and raise your grade. Personal study might include:
- Pre-reading before a lecture so as to introduce yourself to the topic before the class.
- A wider reading of topics that particularly interest you or that you find more difficult.
- Keeping a log for each lesson, summarising the key things you’ve learned.
How You’ll Be Taught
As we pride ourselves in providing you with a classroom environment during our live online lectures, your lecturer will use much the same methods to teach you as they do in their lecture theatres. You will have class discussions, examine case studies and demonstrate the skills you have learned.
How You’ll Be Assessed
Towards the end of your module, we will email you the brief for your written assignment. You will have a few weeks to complete the assignment and send it back to us to be marked. We will send you your results within a few weeks; don’t worry if you fail, there will be a chance to retake.
Who is this course for?
HNDs are an accessible route for people who are looking to kick-start their career. They are ideal if you’re looking to:
- Work for a couple of years then enter the second or third year of a university degree.
- Get promoted into managerial roles.
- Change career.
- Get a British qualification from overseas.
Please note that not all universities accept HNDs, please check with the universities that you are interested in.
For us to consider your application for the HND course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent.
Marketing is used by nearly every business in the world so whatever your interests are there will be something for you. Here are a few of the positions that you could work towards:
- Market Researcher
- Marketing Consultant
- Public Relations Representative
- University Admissions Representative
- Event or Wedding Planner
- Social Media Coordinator
- Proposal Coordinator
- Content Manager
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.