College of Contract Management
Add to basket or enquire
Studying the Law is no mean feat, but it is an exciting one. The Law is archaic yet ever evolving, complex and fascinating and it affects every one of us. It is no surprise then that Law a popular career choice for many and law courses are competitive. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business Law course is designed to be an accessible route into a career or further education in Law. This law course is generally considered as equivalent to the first two years at university and allows students to top-up to a full degree. The College of Contract Management’s live online lectures offer a flexible way to study for a valuable qualification.
The HND in Business Law is accredited by Pearson, the largest awarding body in the UK. The course will cover practical and academic groundwork to begin laying your fulfilling and lucrative career path in Law.
The HND in Business Law course is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. You must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
For each module you will receive of grade of either a Pass, Merit or Distinction, according to the quality of your work. Each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management and Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Law of Contract and Tort (15 credits)
- Company Law and Corporate Governance (15 credits)
- Consumer and Intellectual Property Law (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)
- IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We design our courses in line with Pearson guidelines and the assignments we set in order to assess your understanding of each unit comply with these as well. For Level 4, we will give you a choice of topics to base your assignments on. For Level 5 you will choose your own topics with the approval of your lecturer. Your lecturer will discuss the length of these assignments with you.
How You’ll Study
To deliver your Law course to you as seamlessly as we can, we use a virtual study platform called Moodle. This will be the hub of your online HND. You will use Moodle to access your live lecture invitations, timetable, source materials, friends, forums, groups and messages. We advise you to follow the live online lectures every weekend but this is not mandatory, you can catch up at a time and day that works best for you.
How Often You’ll Study
Each live online lecture lasts for 2 hours and you will be scheduled to attend 1 or 2 per week. The lectures are almost always held on Saturday or Sunday evenings. We do understand you have a social life so attendance of these is not mandatory, but we will give you your timetable well in advance so that you can plan your personal commitments around your lectures.
It is highly advisable to spend a few hours during the week on personal study. For example: wider reading, re-watching a segment of the lecture that you didn’t quite understand the first time or preparing your assignment.
How You’ll Be Taught
While our live online lecturers use very similar teaching methods to those they do in university classrooms, we use more modern technology to really bring the lessons to life. You can take notes during the lesson, take part in group discussions and examine case studies, all delivered with engaging presentations.
How You’ll Be Assessed
We will assess you on what you have learnt with one written assignment at the end of every module. These are all written essays, there are absolutely no exams. Your lecturer will discuss the essay title with you and you will receive your mark within a few weeks of submission. While you attain credits from completing courses, your assignments will determine your final grade.
Who is this course for?
HNDs are an accessible route for people who are looking to kick-start their career. They are ideal if you’re looking to:
- Work for a couple of years then enter the second or third year of a university degree.
- Get promoted into managerial roles.
- Change career.
- Get a British qualification from overseas.
Please note that not all universities accept HNDs, please check with the universities that you are interested in.
For us to consider your application for the HND course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent
The BTEC HND in Business Law is your first step onto a highly prestigious career path. A few examples of possible jobs it could lead you to are:
- Business Lawyer
- Finance Analyst
- Barrister’s Clerk
- Chartered Legal Executive
- Company Secretary
- Civil Servant
- Police Lawyer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can you start this course at any time, or does it run in line with usual college/uni terms?
Hi Max We start next course in October 2020. You can join immediately. If you wanted to start later, you can join form a new module. However we will allow you to join anytime if we also record all the lessons so that you can catch up or re-watch them at any time through our Moodle (virtual study platform).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Thanks for that. And do I need an A level or any equivalent qualifications to take this course or will it cover the same modules?
Please find the following entry requirements: In order for us to consider your application for the HND in Business Management you must: Be at least 18 years old, and Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following: IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing CEFR level B2 PTE 51This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Good afternoon, Could you tell me how long this course would take me to complete part time please?
HND can be achieved at two years completion. You can accelerate the course if you are going to study through the recordings of the lectures rather than the live lectures. This course is the right choice if you wish to work as a Business Manager or top up a bachelor degree.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.