College of Contract Management
Add to basket or enquire
Many people have ambitions to go to university and build a successful career, however, for some life simply gets in the way. The BTEC Level 5 National Diploma in Business Accounting and Finance is a lifeline to anyone who wants to get started with their career in finance without diving straight into a three-year degree course. The course equips students with the knowledge and skills they need to pursue a career or further education in finance. Students who complete the HND course can still attend university but will jump straight into the third year to top their qualification up to a BSc. It is an economically favourable path designed for those who may not have the time, money, means or desire to undertake a full-time university degree.
The HND is a respected and globally recognised qualification awarded by Pearson Education Limited, the UK’s largest awarding body. Completing the HND in Business opens doors directly into employment in industry or into the third year of university. Most UK universities recognise the HND as equal to the first and second year of a degree course.
Level 5 HND Diploma in Business (QCF)
Structure of HNC and HND in Business Accounting and Finance
The HND in Business Accounting and Finance is made up of two parts.
Part 1: BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate (HNC).
Part 2: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND)
HNC and HND in Business Accounting and Finance Modules
Each module or unit you take is worth credits. Some modules are compulsory and you can earn extra credit by choosing optional modules to supplement your core knowledge. You must earn 120 credits at Level 4 to achieve your HNC and a further 120 at Level 5 to receive your HND.
Each module will be marked as either a Pass, Merit or Distinction, according to the quality of your work. Each credit you earn is given a value according to your grade, the total of which will make up your final grades for HNC and HND.
Level 4 Core Modules (Compulsory)
- Business and Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (set by Pearson) (15 credits)
Level 4 Optional Modules (Choose up to 4)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Level 5 Core Modules
- Research Project (set by Pearson) (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- Financial Reporting (15 credits)
- Advanced Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Financial Management (15 credits)
Level 5 Optional Modules (Choose up to 5)
- Taxation (15 credits)
- Statistics for Management (15 credits)
- Strategy (15 credits)
- Business IT Systems (15 credits)
- Business Systems (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits)
- Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight (15 credits)
- Customer Value Management (15 credits)
- Sales Management (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Management (15 credits)
- Planning for Growth (15 credits)
- Tapping into New and International Markets (15 credits)
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills (15 credits)
We design our courses in line with Pearson guidelines. Likewise, the assignments we set in order to assess your understanding of each unit comply with these. For Level 4, you will be given a choice of topics to base your assignments on. Level 5 you will choose your own topics with the approval of your lecturer. Your lecturer will discuss the length of these assignments with you.
How You’ll Study
The College of Contract Management uses a virtual study platform called Moodle. This will be the hub of your online HND. You will use Moodle to access your live lecture invitations, timetable, source materials, friends, forums, groups and messages. We advise you to follow the live lectures every weekend but this is not mandatory. You can catch up at your convenience.
How Often You’ll Study
We will invite you to attend 1-2 lectures per week. Generally we schedule these for weekends, usually Saturday or Sunday evenings. Each lecture is 2 hours long and the number of total lectures varies. We will sen you a lecture schedule before each module starts to help you plan your time.
We strongly advise you to supplement your guided learning with personal study. This could include:
- Wider reading.
- Practising the skills you’ve learned so far.
- Revising and summarising your notes.
- Discussing topics with your fellow students.
How You’ll Be Taught
Our live online lecturers use similar teaching methods to those they do in university classrooms. You will take part in group discussions and examine case studies. As the lectures are recorded, you can re-watch them at any time.
How You’ll Be Assessed
Towards the end of your module, we will email you an assignment. You will have a few weeks to complete the assignment and send it back to us for your lecturer to mark. The assignments are always written essays, you will never be required to travel for an exam. Should you not pass your assignments, you will have chances to retake.
Who is this course for?
HNDs are an accessible route for people who are looking to kick-start their career. They are ideal if you’re looking to:
- Work for a couple of years then enter the second or third year of a university degree.
- Get promoted into managerial roles.
- Change career.
- Get a British qualification from overseas.
Please note that not all universities accept HNDs, please check with the universities that you are interested in.
For us to consider your application for the HND in Business Accounting and Finance course you must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Be a fluent English speaker. Overseas students for whom English is not their mother-tongue will need to provide evidence that their English is good enough to keep up with the course. This can be any one of the following:
- IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in both Reading and Writing
- CEFR level B2
- PTE 51
- Or approved equivalent.
The HND in Business Accounting and Finance is your first step into many careers, such as:
- Chartered, Management, Forensic or Tax Accountant
- Accounting Technician
- Internal Auditor
- Corporate Treasurer or Investment Banker
- Financial Adviser, Manager or Risk Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Insurance Broker, Claims Handler or Risk Surveyor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What college is this so i can just call them if they allow student finance for this online course. Tnanks
Dear Ann, Thank you for your enquiry. We will not offer the finance but you need to contact the student finance providers. They will accept this course as a BTEC HND course which awarded by Pearson. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at Reed. Kind Regards Admission Team College of Contract ManagementThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course available for student finance (SFE)?
You need to ask with the SFE providers. They will provide student finance if this is a BTEC HND course which is awarded by Pearson.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.