The HND consists of 15 units.
Business and the Business Environment
- Provides learners with an understanding of different organisations
- Understand the influence of stakeholders and the relationship between businesses and the local, national and global environments
- Understand the purchase decision-making process
- Recognise situations that influence buying behaviour
- Exploration of marketing research process
Human Resource Management
- Builds knowledge and understanding developed in Human Resources
- Understand the application of Human Resource Management
Management and Operations
- Understand the operations function within an organisation
- Develop knowledge to include elements of product and job design, planning and control
- Analyses of cost information, both current and future
- Budgetary planning and control
- Preparing forecasts and budgets
- Explain the basic nature of the legal system
- Illustrate the potential impact of the law on a business
- Suggest appropriate legal solutions to business problems
- Recommend appropriate legal solutions based upon alternative legal advice provided
- Record business transactions using double entry book-keeping, and be able to extract a trial balance
- Prepare final accounts for sole-traders, partnerships or limited companies in accordance with appropriate principles, conventions and standards
- Perform bank reconciliations to ensure company and bank records are correct
- Reconcile control accounts and shift recorded transactions from the suspense accounts to the right accounts
Managing a Successful Business Project
- Establish project aims, objectives and timeframes based on the chosen theme
- Conduct small-scale research, information gathering and data collection to generate knowledge to support the project
- Present the project and communicate appropriate recommendations based on meaningful conclusions drawn from the evidence findings and/or analysis
- Reflect on the value gained from conducting the project and its usefulness to support sustainable organisational performance
- Develop skills of independent enquiry and critical analyses
- Understand individual and group behaviour in organisations
- Manage behaviour in the workplace
Operations and Project Management
- Review and critique the effectiveness of operations management principles
- Apply the concept of continuous improvement in an operational context
- Apply the project life cycle (PLC) to a given context
- Review and critique the application of the PLC used in a given project
Understanding and Leading Change
- Compare ways in which change impacts on an organisation’s strategy and operations
- Evaluate the influences that drivers of change have on organisational behaviour
- Determine how barriers to change influence leadership decision-making
- Apply a range of leadership approaches to a change initiative
Global Business Environment
- Analyse different organisations and the influence of stakeholders
- Understand the relationship between business and the local, national and global environments
- Knowledge and understanding of how a business unit can strategically organise and plan for likely future outcomes
Developing Individuals and Teams
- Analyse employee knowledge, skills and behaviours required by HR
- Analyse the factors to be considered when implementing and evaluating inclusive learning and development to drive sustainable business
- Apply knowledge and understanding to the ways in which high-performance working (HPW) contributes to employee engagement and competitive advantage
- Evaluate ways in which performance management, collaborative working and effective communication can support high-performance culture and commitment
The Edexcel Level 5 HND qualification is a UK accredited course which is internationally recognised.
The HND is a modular Business programme equivalent to the first two years of a degree and with one year of extra study at a UK University it can become a BA Honours Degree.
This qualification is a foundation course, aimed at students who would like a good knowledge of all Business Management aspects.
As the HND is part of the Qualifications and Framework (RQF) it has transferable credits of a minimum of 240.
Who is this course for?
- The Level 5 HND Business Management can help increase your earning potential
- This course is ideal for individuals looking for a nationally and internationally recognised qualification
- The HND qualification is recognised as an access course onto a BA Honours Degree
- The HND course gives you a strong foundation in Business
- – Develops your knowledge and academic ability, the HND is viewed by employers as a vocational course as it prepares you for careers in the workplace
- – This course is eligible for you to apply for a National Union of Students Card (NUS Extra). Once enrolled on your course you can apply direct from the NUS website
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- English language fluency to IELTS Level 5.5. (International students only)
- Have a related Level 3 qualification or related work experience (paid or unpaid)
Degree level courses
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.