Clear Price Training
Add to basket or enquire
The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants is a recognised qualification that is intended for those who would like to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and beyond.
Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (RQF)
The qualification will be assessed through a combination of written essays, a portfolio of evidence and observation of occupational competence. All units, assignments and learning materials for the course can be accessed through our online learning platform. Students have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at their own pace.
Learners on the course will cover the following units:
- Understand the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role
- Child development and welfare
- Awareness of special educational needs
- Promoting positive behaviour in children and young people
- Providing support for individual learners and small groups
- Developing skills to promote positive working relationships
- Curriculum planning, delivery and assessment
• Efficient marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3-5 days, to ensure that you progress through your course with regular feedback.
• Tutor support – You will receive tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Our support team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
• Learning resources – All courses have a variety of learning materials, ranging from PowerPoint presentations, to key term videos. These resources are accessible on our learning platform 24/7.
• Course units – Access to all units and assignments are available immediately. They are also included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who currently work as a Teaching Assistant and wish to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and beyond. Developed by Gateway Qualifications with the support of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP), it enhances the assessment process and provides successful learners with a nationally-recognised qualification as evidence of the skills they have gained.
The course provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required when analysing and addressing the different challenges that are faced within the classroom environment. Learners will understand how to work with individuals as well as small groups, in addition to gaining essential insight into supporting pupils with special educational needs (SEN).
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Must be in a voluntary or paid role – you will be observed during this course
- Must be aged 16 or above
The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants is recommended for those in pursuit of a higher-level teaching assistant role. Learners may decide to continue studies if they have ambitions to become a teacher.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.