Add to basket or enquire
Discover the ‘Chef’ in you and improve your understanding of the principles behind home cooking. Developed by celebrity chefs who are passionate about cooking, this course will teach you how to make mouth-watering meals from scratch. The course is delivered by a professional chef who will instruct you with technique-focussed skills that you need to create different and delicious recipes. You’ll learn to make many dishes, including Ricotta Gnocchi (Nyoki), pizza tarts, spanakopita, soufflés, chowders and much more.
We use only the world’s finest instructors who have a minimum of 15 years real world experience and are experts in their fields. Unlike a live class you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures, enabling you to fully understand each topic before moving on. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands on training with the flexibility of fitting it in around your busy schedule. This course is the perfect foundation for people considering a career as a chef and is a useful tool to progress to more advanced learning.
Whether you’re a complete beginner, a keen cook who wants to improve their range and skills, or you’re looking for a foundation in cookery for career advancement this course is for you.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course takes an in depth look at culinary skills and techniques, ingredients and recipes, all taught by a professional chef. Our course features instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills step-by step. You will focus on:
- Ingredients - Learn about the best ingredients to use, from the humble potato to tricky filo pastry. Explore seasoning, herbs, spices and how to combine them to produce the best taste.
- Techniques - Learn how to use and handle kitchen equipment with confidence and cooking techniques such as making the perfect soufflé.
- Recipes - Learn how to cook 21 different international recipes with skill and ease, including Ricotta Gnocchi (Nyoki), spanakopita and chowders.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
By taking this course you will build upon the cooking skills that you already have and gain a better understanding of ingredients, technique, processes and recipes. You will also build a foundation of knowledge that you be the stepping stone to further training and career advancement in this field. The benefits include:
- An improved understanding of the basics of cookery
- Increased confidence with different ingredients and techniques
- An increased knowledge of food from all over the world and the ability to cook international dishes
- Learn from a professional chef with many years experience
- The potential to advance your career prospects
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each principle
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What equipment do we need....thinking price
Hi Pat, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that you don't need any special equipment for the same. This is a knowledge-based training and after completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
is there a time limit on this course?
Hi Ali, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that the course is for 12 months and you can complete it as per your own pace and time. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
There is no estimate hours in the course description, so how many hours does this course take? 40? 50? 60? Thank you.
Hi Sofia, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that the learning hours are of 12-15 hours. You can complete the course at your own pace and time. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.