Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
The Health & Social Care in the UK course is designed to provide those who work with vulnerable individuals, who have a responsibility for providing quality care, with an in-depth understanding of their legal obligations, essential laws and legislation.
Enhance your professional skills to a whole new level with the best-selling and award-winning Health & Social Care course! Don’t waste time with poor quality training - study the Health & Social Care and get an expertly-designed, great value training experience. Learn from industry professionals and quickly equip yourself with the specific knowledge and skills you need to excel in your chosen career through the Health & Social Care online training course.
The Health & Social Care online training course is accredited by the CPD and provides 2 CPD Points without the need for any further training. Students can expect to complete this Health & Social Caretraining course in around 2hours. You’ll also get dedicated expert assistance from us to answer any queries you may have while studying our Health & Social Carecourse.
You will explore the Health and Social Care Act 2012 in detail, adult safeguarding policies, the regulations surrounding the management of controlled drugs, and much more. You will also gain a deeper understanding of the UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
This Health & Social Care in the UK course is designed by industry experts. It will help you understand the fundamentals of Health & Social Care in the UK and acquire the necessary skills. You can complete this course in just 2 hours and get a certificate that’s professional & recognised.
This Health & Social Care in the UK course can help you turn your dreams in professional life into a reality.
Key Topics to Be Covered In This Health & Social Care in the UK Course
- What do health and social care involve?
- Career opportunities in the healthcare sector
- The UK health system and the role of the NHS
- Key legislation in the health and social care sector
- Adult safeguarding policies and procedures
Learning Outcomes Of This Health & Social Care in the UK Course
- An understanding of the fundamental differences between healthcare and social care
- Knowledge of the role of the NHS, its framework and services
- Awareness of adult safeguarding practices in the social care sector
- Knowledge of key legislation in the health and social care sector in the UK
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of providing quality health and social care
- Development of essential skills required to become qualified health or social care worker.
Our exclusive Health & Social Care in the UK course follows an advanced curriculum that breaks down the topics in several easy to understand modules.
These modules in the Health & Social Care course will help you understand all the aspects of Health & Social Care in the UK. You can study at your own pace, and you will have complete 24/7 access to the course. The health & social care course is accessible via any modern device that has an internet connection.
Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you achieve your goals.
After you complete the Health & Social Care in the UK course, you will receive a recognised certificate which will fast-track your career and will showcase your expertise on this topic.
This professional certification in Health & Social Care, along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials, will put you ahead of the competition and will allow you to stand out from others.
Skills You Will Gain From This Health & Social Care in the UK Course
- Adult safeguarding
- Person-centred communication
- Active listening
Course Curriculum Of The Health & Social Care in the UK Course
Here is a breakdown of the curriculum of the Health & Social Care in the UK Course
Module 1. Introduction to Advanced Health and Social Care
Topics to be Covered:
- What is Health and Social Care?
- Healthcare vs Social Care
- Differences between Healthcare and Social care
- Career Opportunity in Health & Social Sector
- Why Social Work?
Module 2. Introduction to the UK Health System
Topics to be Covered:
- What is the NHS?
- How does NHS health care compare with US health care?
- Private Health Insurance in the UK
- Health and Social Care Rights and Choices in the UK
- Social Care Needs Assessment
- Focus of the Health & Social Care in the UK needs assessment?
Module 3. Essential Principles, Policies and Legislations in Health and Social Care Work
Topics to be Covered:
- Key Areas of Health & Social Care in the UK
- 7 Golden Principles in Health & Social Care in the UK
- Doctor-Patient Confidentiality or Implementation of PLRC
- Health & Social Care in the UK Act 2012
- Data Protection Act   updated in accordance with GDPR 
- Access to the Patient Records Legislations
- Access to Medical Reports Act 1988 (England, Scotland and Wales)
- Access to Health Records Act 1990 (England, Scotland and Wales)
- Access to Personal Files and Medical Reports (Northern Ireland) Order 1991
- Access to Health Records (Northern Ireland) Order 1993
- Adult safeguarding and support Legislations:
- Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007
- Care Act 2014 (England)
- Carers Act 2016 (Scotland)
- Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
- Mental Capacity & Mental Health Legislations
- Mental capacity and mental health legislation Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 (England and Wales)
- Mental Health Act 1983
- Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003
- Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986
- Abortion Legislations
- The Abortion Regulations 1991 (England and Wales)
- The Abortion (Scotland) Regulations 1991
- Drugs Control, Supervision, management & Health Protection Legislations
- The Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations 2013 (England and Scotland); (Northern Ireland) 2009 (as amended) &(Wales) Regulations 2008
- The Health Protection (Notification) Regulations 2010 (England), The Public Health (Northern Ireland) Act 1967, Public Health (Scotland) Act 2008, And The Health Protection (Notification) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Other Legislations; Detection and Prosecution of Crime, Road Accident
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998 (UK)
- Criminal Law Act (Northern Ireland) 1967
- Road Traffic Act 1988 (England, Scotland and Wales) and
- Road Traffic (Northern Ireland Order) 1981
Module 4. Fundamental Aspects of Providing Quality Health & Social Care in the UK
Topics to be Covered:
- Five Fundamental Aspects of Quality Health & Social Care in the UK
- Bad Habits You Should Give up as a Health & Social Care in the UK Work
Once you have completed all the modules in the Health & Social Care in the UK course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment of the Health & Social Care course, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment, or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Health & Social Care in the UK Course Right for You?
This Health & Social Care course is a must for:
- Health and social care professionals who wish to gain a better understanding of the laws and legislation surrounding health and social care work.
- This course is also ideal for those who are not yet in a healthcare or social care role and want to gain an understanding of the legal framework for providing care.
There are no previous knowledge requirements for the Health & Social Care program; this is open to anyone! Any learning enthusiast from anywhere in the world can enrol on this Health & Social Care without any hesitation.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
Browse this 100% online course from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. Study at your own pace and earn an industry-recognised qualification with this Health & Social Care course.
On successful completion, learners will have a fundamental understanding of the laws and legislation surrounding health and social care, equipped with the desired skills to fast track their career.
Professions in these fields include:
- Social worker
- Adult support worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Primary care nurse
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.