By studying this course, students will increase their knowledge and ability to perform an extensive range of roles in a health and social care setting.
The Health and Social Care Diploma aims to help the student perform the duties of their role to the correct standard as well as providing the chance for the student further advance their career.
Please Note: a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
The qualification consists of 18 units as detailed below.
- Unit 1: Promote communication in care settings
- Unit 2: Promote effective handling of information in care settings
- Unit 3: Promote personal development in care settings
- Unit 4: Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Unit 5: Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Unit 6: Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Unit 7: Responsibilities of a care worker
- Unit 8: Duty of care in care settings
- Unit 9: Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Unit 10: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit 11: Causes and spread of infection
- Unit 12: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Unit 13: Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Unit 14: Support positive risk-taking for individuals
- Unit 15: Support individuals to maintain personal hygiene
- Unit 16: Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Unit 17: Support Individuals with specific communication needs
- Unit 18: Support use of medication in social care settings
We also offer an alternative unit if learners are not involved in the administration of medication:-
Promote Nutrition and Hydration in Health and Social Care Settings
Work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this course.
Duration study load
- 400 Hours
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course however it would be useful if you already had have some background of the industry. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
- Exam(s)/assessment(s) is included in price
- 12 months expert tutor support
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
- Training Qualifications UK
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
Assignments are required to be completed by the student. Your work will be marked and reviewed by your own personal expert tutor with feedback. You must complete at least 50 hours work placement to complete this course.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at an individual who is looking to go into a role in health and social care or someone who is already employed and is looking to reinforce their knowledge.
This course is available to anyone. There is no previous knowledge required to study this course however background in the industry will be helpful.
Upon completion candidates can look for employment in a health and social care role or related area.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.