By studying this course, students will increase their knowledge and ability to perform an extensive range of roles in a health and social care environment. The Health and Social Care Diploma aims to help the student conduct the duties of their position to the correct standard as well as providing the chance of the student to study more higher level qualifications.
This diploma is ideal for students who are already working a health and social care. This diploma is also suitable for students hoping to get into a health and social care role.
- Unit 1: Communication in care settings
- Unit 2: Handle information in care settings
- Unit 3: Personal development in care settings
- Unit 4: Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
- Unit 5: Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Unit 6: Health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Unit 7: Responsibilities of a care worker
- Unit 8: Duty of care
- Unit 9: Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Unit 10: Support Individuals with specific communication needs
- Unit 11: Support individuals to eat and drink
- Unit 12: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit 13: Causes & spread of infection
- Unit 14: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Unit 15: Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Unit 16: Support individuals to meet personal care needs
- Unit 17: Contribute to the support of positive risk-taking for individuals
- Work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this course.
Duration study load
- 360 Hours
- No previous knowledge required
- Exam(s)/assessment(s) is included in price
- 12 months expert tutor support
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
- Training Qualifications UK
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
Students will be required to complete a number of assignments. Your personal expert tutor will review and mark your work, providing you with feedback and guidance along the way. You must complete at least 50 hours work placement to complete this course.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at an individual who is looking to go into a role in health and social care or someone who is already employed and is looking to reinforce their knowledge.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Upon completion candidates can look for employment in a health and social care role or related area.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.