Health and Social Care Course - CPD & IAO Accredited
Society is comprised of everyone, including children and the elderly. These two groups of people require a lot care and attention especially when they are too young and too old respectively. The problem is not every one knows how to take care of them, but you can learn the required skills from this Health and Social Care course.
This course has four modules however can be said to be divided into three parts. The latter portion of the course is focused towards taking care of children and the elderly, but initially you learn about taking care of yourself. That’s right, you cannot take care of others if you are not healthy yourself, which is why initially you focus on your personal and mental growth. In the next section you focus on elderly care as you learn about handling bad behaviour problems, improving quality of life for seniors, outdoor activities and much more. Finally you learn about basic child safety as well.
Overall this course covers some large ground with the number of topics it has, so you can definitely leverage it to propel yourself in your desired social care service.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
Personal Health Care
- The Nature and Cause of Disease
- Colon Cleansing
- Diet and Nutrition
- Vitamins and Other Food Supplements
Mental Health Care
- Mental Health Basics
- Are you Resilient
- Take Good Care of Yourself
- Healthy Relationships
- Risk Factors
- When Do You Need to See a Professional?
- Introduction To Guide To Dealing And Caring Elderly
- Caring For Elderly Parents or Relatives While Keeping Your Money
- How To Handle Bad Behaviour Problems By Elderly Parents
- Effective Caring For Your Elderly Relative’s: Home Help
- Going To A Better Place
- Listening To Your Parents Even Now
- Way To Improve Quality Of Life For Your Senior
- The Basics Of Caring For The Elderly: Pressure Sores
- The Golden Rule Of Caring For The Elderly Revealed!
- The Greatest Loss Of Them All
- Watching Your Step: Avoiding And Dealing With Falls Whilst Caring For The Elderly
- Caring For The Elderly- A Stressful Job
- 4 Most Common Ailments Affecting The Elderly
- Top Outdoor Elderly Activities
- Safeguarding The Health Of The Elderly
- Taking Care Of Yourself As Well As The Elderly: Vacation And Respite
- The Caregiver’s Enemy No.1
Child Health Care
- INTRODUCTION TO CHILD HEALTH
- HISTORY TAKING AND PHYSICAL
- CARE OF THE NEW BORN
- CONGENITAL ABNORMALITIES
- NORMAL GROWTH AND
- NUTRITION AND NUTRITIONAL
- ACUTE RESPIRATORY INFECTION (ARI)
- CONTROL OF DIARRHEA DISEASE
- SYSTEMIC DISEASES
- VACCINE PREVENTABLE DISEASES
- EXPANDED PROGRAM ON IMMUNIZATION (EPI)
- COMMON GENETIC PROBLEMS OF CHILDREN
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Assessment and Certification:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and the results will be given to you immediately. Before sitting your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £24 for a PDF copy and £39 for an original print copy sent to you by post.
Who is this course for?
- People who want to learn how to take care of children or the elderly
- This course is designed to help you pursue a career in the social health care industry
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Health and Social Care Course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for any professions or career from any industry you are in such as:
- Care worker
- Medical Social worker
- Social Workers
- Geriatric Case Managers
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
what level is this course please as many if them just say health and sociel .it would be good to know the levels on the description courses
Hi Kerry, Thanks for your query. This is our stand alone level 2 qualification which is certified by CPD Qualification Standards and IAO accredited. This is not comparable with other levels set by other bodies. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rowshanara Chowdhury asked:
How long this course for and is this an online course?
Hi Rowshanara, Thanks for your query. If you were to complete this course in one sitting, it should take you 24 hours. We give you one-year access to your course so you are able to complete the course at your own pace, in your own time. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what level is this course at please that it will state on the certificate
Hi Kerry, Thanks for your query/. This is a level 2 course. The course name will be stated on the certificate. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.