CPD Online College
Add to basket or enquire
This Health and Safety Level 2 course is designed for anyone looking for a general background knowledge of health and safety in the workplace. The course covers a wide variety of health and safety practice including ergonomics, COSSH, fire, electricity, working at height, noise and vibration.
This health and safety course covers a large number of different areas and is designed for new and existing employees to develop their knowledge of safe practices in the workplace. In order to ensure a safe and harmonious working environment, all employees should have a strong knowledge of health and safety legislation.
This course covers hazards and risks as well as how to carry out risk assessments, something which is required when any business has more than 5 employees.
- Fully CPD registered
- Completed online with instant downloadable certificate
- Fully printed certificate posted next day
- Great all-round knowledge of health and safety in a business
- Covers all required legislation and practices
- Complete the online multiple choice assessment as many times as you need to pass
- Unit 1 – Health and safety legislation: In this first unit of the course we will consider what health and safety is and the reasons why health and safety precautions are taken. We will also look at the origins of health and safety legislation to get a strong background knowledge of where this area of law came from. The Health and Safety at Work Act will be explored in full as well as the ‘Six Pack’ regulations, Health and Safety Executives and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Unit 2 – Risks in the workplace: In this unit, you will be introduced to the concepts of hazard and risk and the key differences between the two. The unit covers various different hazards as well as methods to minimise these. Next we will move on to hazard control, fire hazards, accidents and incidents before finishing up with a look at welfare at work.
- Unit 3 – Assessing risk: This unit will introduce the meaning of risk assessment and what the law requires. You will also consider what constitutes a suitable and sufficient risk assessment. Here we will look at the steps involved in risk assessments and how to work out the probabilities of accidents happening. This probability will then be used to show how precautions can be put in place to ensure that high level risks are sufficiently minimised.
- Unit 4 – Equipment in the workplace: Next we will explore different types of equipment that can be used in the workplace and the risks involved with each of these. Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) will be covered in this section of the course and we will take a good look at a variety of different types of machinery you may come across. We will then look at PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) that can be used with this machinery to reduce the risks involved with these.
- Unit 5 – Manual handling and ergonomics: This unit will consider the meaning of ergonomics and the associated hazards. You will cover manual handling and workstations which includes display screen equipment. Various manual handling techniques and risks will be covered here as well as types of PPE that can be used to reduce risk. Display Screen Equipment will also be covered and the ways in which workstations should be laid out to avoid injuries to workers.
- Unit 6 – Hazardous substances, fire, electricity: This unit will look at hazardous substances, fire and electricity to give an understanding of how each one poses a threat. The unit will include asbestos awareness, COSHH and precaution that should be put in place to reduce the risk of fire and electricity. We will also cover various equipment and maintenance that is used to reduce injuries.
- Unit 7 – Working at height, noise, vibration: The final unit of this course is focused on height risks, noise and sound. We will look at all three of these risks and precautions that should be put in place to reduce the harm they cause. Here we will start with the various risks posed when working at height and types of ladders which can be used. Next we will look at how high noise levels can damage a person’s hearing and the types of PPE that can be used to reduce this risk. Finally we will look at vibration in the workplace and how levels should be monitored.
How does it work?
This course is studied through out innovative online system which allows you to enrol and complete your training any time, 24/7. The simple and intuitive design of our system means the focus is on the course materials and no time is wasted getting used to how things work.
Simply work through each slide on the course, which are ticked off on your progress bar as you go, and then take the multiple choice quiz to pass. Should you need to attempt the quiz multiple times you can do so - we set no limits on how many times you can attempt the quiz.
Once you finish you can download a copy of your certificate immediately. We also send out a hard copy in the post the very next day.
Our courses are designed and written by industry experts in their field from all over the word. Once written, our in-house staff work hard to get the materials on to our innovative system and ensure they are easy to navigate, simple and clear.
We never limit how long you have on a course with us. So study at your own pace safe in the knowledge that you can work on your course for as long as you need. Most people take around 2 hours to finish each of our courses but if you need longer or wish to take a break and come back to your studies you can.
A certificate from the CPD Online College is a mark of quality. Our courses are fully accredited with the CPD Certification Service which means we have met their strict criteria for continuous professional development courses.
Once you a pass a course with us, you can download and print a copy of your certificate immediately. We also send out a hard copy, printed in full colour on glossy 170GSM paper, the very next day via first class royal mail. This paper certificate means your studying is fully recognised and you can show off your certificate to you friends, family and colleagues.
Help and guidance
All of our courses are backed by our helpful staff who are here to help every step of the way. Using our online chat you can get real time support if you ever get stuck. Alternatively you can call us to speak with one of the team over the phone.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for anyone in any business. This includes:
- Business owners.
There are no previous requirements to study this course.
Perfect for anyone in any job setting.