Next Learn Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Health and Safety at Work
Productivity and profits are not the only areas of concern when it comes to the success of a company. In order to make sure that the employees have the best and the safest working environment the companies should pay attention to their well-being as well. “Health and Safety at Work” is one such certification that you can follow and gain necessary knowledge to ensure the safety at work.
The course is designed to cover all the aspects of health and safety at workplace. It gives prominence to examining work place hazards, accidents, work related ailments and psychological issues. By taking this course you will be studying how to practice health measures such as keeping good posture during work and other issues that might rise by mismanagement of your working environment. “Health and Safety at Work” is designed by the industry experts to provide you with the best knowledge.
Once you enrol to the “Health and Safety at Work” course, the course material will be handed over. The course material is prepared by the professionals in such a way that it is easy to comprehend. Once the course is complete you will have ample knowledge on how to successfully tackle with the office place accidents assuring the employees have the best working experience.
Why You Should Learn at Next Learn Academy?
Online learning is flexible, convenient and gives you the opportunity to balance life's other commitments with higher education. Next Learn Academy offers an extensive range of online courses with a variety of rich material and resources that will let you connect to peers and expert tutors and build on your skills and knowledge. Next Learn Academy is a reliable online provider with a strong reputation and its meticulously designed courses to help you kick-start your professional journey in the best possible way.
Learners who register with us will be given excellent learning support, discounts for future purchases and be eligible for a TOTUM Discount card and Student ID card with amazing offers and access to retail stores, the library, cinemas, gym memberships and their favourite restaurants.
- 1: Explore the Fundamentals 06:00
- 2: Workplace health, safety and welfare 04:29
- 3: Workplace health, safety and welfare Handout 02:00
- 4: Identifying Law and Policy 03:00
- 5: How to use a Workstation 04:00
- 6: Workplace Health and Safety 01:35
- 7: Good Posture at your Workstation 04:00
- 8: Studying Accidents in the workplace 04:00
- 9: Employees acting on a health and safety issue 01:20
- 10: Hazardous waste produced in an office. 01:06
- 11: Disposing of hazardous waste 01:51
- 12: What are the First aid requirements 04:00
- 13: Defining the Fire Safety 04:00
- 14: Analysing your working environment 07:00
- 15: Issue of security in the workplace 03:05
- 16: Understanding Stress in the workplace 07:00
- 17: Guide to Lone Working 04:00
- 18: Example risk assessment for an office-based business 07:00
- 19: Risk assessment 07:00
- 20: Working with substances hazardous to health 14:00
- 21: Safety signs and signals 1:09:00
- 22: Employers’ Liability 08:00
- 23: Slips and trips 10:00
- 24: Risk assessment 07:00
- 25: Reporting accidents and incidents at work 07:00
- 26: Welfare at work 06:00
- 27: First aid at work 55:00
- 28: The health and safety toolbox 2:26:00
- 29: Personal protective equipment (PPE) at work 08:00
- 30: Activities 06:00
- 31: Mock Exam : Health and Safety at Work 10:00
- 32: Final Exam : Health and Safety at Work 10:00
What Will I Learn?
Module 01 : Explore the fundamentals
- Explore the fundamentals
- Why is health and safety legislation needed at work?
- Common risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Workplace health, safety and safety welfare
- Workplace health, safety and welfare handout
- Health and safety in the workplace
Module 02 : Identify law and policy
- Legal requirements of employers
- Statutory minimum required of employers to provide their employees
- Legal requirements for employees
Module 03 : How to use a workstation
- How to use a workstation
- Your workstation
- Your chair
- Your monitor
- Your keyboard
- Light source
- Work surface
- Workplace health and safety
Module 04 : Good posture at your workstation
- Sitting position
- Top tips for comfort and safety at your workstation
- Using a mouse
- Useful work aids
- Looking after your eyes
- Keep warm
- Screen display
- Take a break
Module 05 : Studying accidents in the workplace
- Studying accidents in the workplace
- Employees acting on a health and safety issue
- Hazardous waste produced in an office
- Disposing of hazardous waste
Module 06 : What are the first aid requirement
- The first aid box
- First aider
- An appointed person
- First aid information
Module 07 : Defining the fire safety
- Problems with fire safety
- Fire safety responsibilities
- Escaping from a fire
Module 08 : Analysing your working environment
- Analysing your working environment
- Common environmental hazards
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Issue of security in the workplace
Module 09 : Understanding stress in the workplace
- Workplace stress
- Causes of stress in the workplace
- Recognizing stress
- How can stress affect you?
- Emotional symptoms of stress
- Mental symptoms of stress
- Changes from your normal behaviour that may indicate stress
- Whom to approach for help
Module 10 : Guide to alone working
- Working alone – Employer responsibilities
- The employer should ask:
- Finding a balance
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course, learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions assessment test is marked automatically so that you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon the successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the ‘Certificate in Health and Safety at Work’ certificate by CPD. You will receive a FREE E-certificate (PDF format) and a Printed Certificate absolutely FREE, with an applicable delivery fee upon completing the course.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
CPD is an internationally recognised accrediting body that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in an enterprise.
- High-quality e-learning study materials.
- Tutorials/materials from industry-leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Certification
Who is this course for?
This course would be ideal for anyone working in any kind of workplace, particularly if you are a Team Leader or Manager.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
Once you successfully complete this course you can apply for any prestigious position which offers you a lucrative salary. Furthermore it helps you to pursue further education on the subject and gain more experience in the field.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Iam from India, can i take this course?
Dear Raji, Thank you for your query. Yes you can take this course from India. The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I'm interested with the course, how soon can l start? How is the payment done?
Dear Monica, Thank you for your query. The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time. The payments can be done online. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.