Add to basket or enquire
Over one million people in England and Wales seek emergency or urgent treatment for head injuries every year. Some of these injuries occur in the workplace, particularly in high-risk industries such as construction and mining. Therefore, it is crucial that workers are adequately protected against the most common causes of head injury.
This course outlines the practical steps you need to take when choosing and using head protection at work, as well as the legal obligations which must be met by employers and employees under the law.
What's Covered in the Course?
- Why employers should take the issue of head protection seriously, the consequences of head injury, who is most at risk and the main pieces of legislation governing the use of head protection at work.
- The most common types of protective headgear used in the workplace, how safety helmets and bump caps reduce the risk of injury and how to choose the best type of head protection for your needs.
- The average lifespan of protective headgear, how to clean and store safety helmets and bump caps and the signs the suggest you need to replace them.
- Why workers need to comply with head and safety rules in the workplace, how to build a safety-centric work culture, the role of training in promoting compliance and why some employees are exempt from the rules the require them to wear head protection.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Anyone responsible for undertaking risk assessments and drawing up health and safety policies in a workplace will benefit from this overview of the proper use and care of head protection.
- If you are working as a health and safety trainer, this course will help you develop comprehensive training materials for those working in high-risk industries.
- This course will help those in supervisory roles encourage compliance in the workplace, thereby reducing the number of accidents that occur.
- If you are an employee in an industry that requires you to wear head protection, you will benefit from learning more about how head protection lowers your risk of injury.
- Anyone interested in the field of occupational health will find this course to be of interest, as it outlines the causes and consequences of head injury in the workplace.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.Course Content
- Module 1: Why and When do Employees Need to use Protective Headgear
- Module 2: Choosing the Right Head Protection Equipment
- Module 3: How to Maintain and Store Protective headgear
- Module 4: Training and Compliance
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.