Add to basket or enquire
Looking to perfect your hairdressing skills and master the art of hair braiding? Look no further! Our Hairdressing and Hair Braiding course has got you covered.
Our comprehensive curriculum covers all the basics of hairdressing, including cutting, styling, and colouring techniques. You'll learn how to create stunning, salon-worthy looks for clients and gain hands-on experience with the latest tools and products. And that's not all - you'll also learn the intricate art of hair braiding. From classic braids to modern twists and turns, you'll master the techniques used by top stylists to create beautiful, unique braided styles.
So don't wait; enrol now, and let's start your journey to becoming a confident and in-demand hairdresser. Sign up today!
- Understand the fundamentals of hair anatomy and care
- Knowledge of different hair types, textures and their specific needs
- Ability to perform basic hair-cutting techniques and styles
- Ability to use and maintain hair styling tools and equipment
- Understanding of hair colouring and lightening techniques
- Knowledge of chemical hair treatments and their effects on hair
- Ability to perform hair braiding techniques, including cornrows, micro braids and weave braids
- Understanding of hair extension application and maintenance
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in the hair and beauty industry
- Ability to provide consultation services to clients, including recommending hair treatments and hairstyles based on their type and preferences
- Understanding of professional ethics, customer service and communication skills in the hairdressing industry.
What You Get Out Of Studying With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the course
- Full one-year access to course materials
- Instant assessment results
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the course at your own pace
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams with the training
- Study at your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining valuable skills by completing the course
Enrol in the Hairdressing and Hair Braiding course to find out more about the topic and get one step closer to reaching your desired success
The course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. The Hairdressing and Hair Braiding has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
Introduction to Hairdressing
- Who are Hairdressers?
- Anatomy of the skull
- Hair Type
- Face shapes, Characteristics & Style concepts
- Hair Salon Equipments & Furnitures
- Cutting the Hair
- Cutting hair – One length hair
- Cutting hair – Uniform Layer
- Cutting hair – Short graduation
- Cutting hair – Long graduation
- Cutting hair – Curly hair
- Cutting hair – Fringes
- Braiding Hair
- Applying Braiding Techniques
- Finishing Hair
- Health & Safety in Hairdressing
- About Of Hair Style
- Check Out Your Face Shape
- Choosing Your Style On Your Shape
- Best Hairstyles For A Long Face
- Best Hairstyles For A Square Face
- Best Hairstyles For A Round Face
- Best Hairstyles For A Heart Shaped Face
- How To Love Your Style
- Wrapping Up
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online, and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the course.
After successfully passing the course exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate as proof of your expertise.
All students who successfully complete the course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
This Hair Cutting and Hair Braiding course will benefit people of all backgrounds, but it is especially beneficial for
- Hair Stylist
- Senior Stylist
- Salon Manager
- Barber Shop Owner
- Salon Assistant
- Master Stylist
- Beauty Therapist
- Hair Extension Specialist
- Nail Technician
- Makeup Artist
- Barber Shop Manager
- Beauty Salon Manager
- Salon Receptionist
- Assistant Hairdresser
- Hair and Beauty Manager
- Senior Colorist
- Master Barber
Learners do not need any prior qualifications to enrol in this course.
No prior qualifications are needed for Learners to enrol on this course.
After completing this Hair Cutting and Hair Braiding course, you will have the knowledge and skills to pursue trendy and in-demand jobs like:
- Stylist Assistant
- Beauty Advisor
- Hairdresser Assistant
- Hair Technician
- Salon Educator
- Salon Director
- Salon Trainer
- Barber Shop Assistant
In the UK, these professionals’ income ranges from £23,000 to £55,000 per year.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Are the modules visual for the styling or just audio and caption?Answer:
Dear Jana, Thanks for your query. This is a text-only course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can this course be done on a mobile phoneAnswer:
Hi Tracy, Good Afternoon. Yes, the course can be done on a mobile phone.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I was just wondering does this cover Afro hair as well as that’s the main sector I want to learnAnswer:
Dear Aisha, No, Afro Hair is not covered in this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included