International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
We’ve all seen it: A great golfer who succumbs to the pressure and chokes. Whether it be a nationally televised event, or a game between friends, the mental game has the power to paralyze even the most elite golfers on the course. And the result can be a hole in one champ who suddenly can’t seem to make the putt.
That’s because a good golf game comes down to more than just skill. There is a psychology involved. A mental fortitude required to rise above in a game that is so contingent upon a player’s ability to slow down, breathe, and make the shot. If your game has peaked, or worse yet, if your scores have started to fall, improvement is likely going to take more than just a few hours of putting practice. You can spend all the hours you want on the course, but until you overcome the mental game, you’ll continue to be your own worst enemy.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
This course has been specifically designed for those looking to understand the psychology of golf in an effort to improve not only their game, but also their mental strength. We’ll guide you through the roadblocks that are holding you back, as well as the tools necessary to overcome those challenges and become a more formidable player. After years on the course, reaching true greatness requires you to take the next step and to understand the psychology of the game. Because no great golfer gets to where they are without first harnessing the power of the mind.
Module 1: Understanding the Mental Game
- When Your Head’s Not in the Game
- Common Stressors and Distractions
- Cycle of Defeat
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies
- The Power of Thought
Module 2: Overcoming Mental Roadblocks
- Reducing Stress
- Embracing Pressure
- Making Every Shot Count
- Tuning Out the Noise
- Just You and the Ball
Module 3: Visualization
- Know Your Target
- Picture the Shot
- Slow Down
- Realize Your Goal
Module 4: Power of Positivity
- Focus on the Wins
- Learn from the Losses
- Play with Those Who Encourage Greatness
- Positive Self-Talk
- Always Room to Grow
Module 5: Strategize
- Sizing up the Course
- Sizing up the Hole
- Picking a Club
- Avoiding Hazards
- Fearing Nothing
Who is this course for?
- Any golfer who feels stuck at their current skill level, and can’t seem to improve beyond that
- Anyone who has experienced a downshift in their golf game, and wants to get back to their full potential
- Any golfer interested in understanding the psychology of golf, and how the power of the mind can be applied both on and off the course
- Anyone looking to take the pressure out of the sport and gain a better appreciation for the time spent on the course
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After completing this course, you could:
- Take your golf game to the next level
- Assist friends and family with their golf games
- Help out friends at your country club
- Perhaps even take the golf world by storm with your improved skills
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.