The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulation came into effect in May 2018 with the aim of enhancing control measures over personal data. Organisations of all sizes in the EU are subject to this regulation, as well as organisations outside of the EU that collect, process or store the personal data of EU citizens. Fines for non-compliance with GDPR regulation are severe, up to €20 million or up to 4% of annual global turnover, whichever is higher.
The accredited by APMG International ‘General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Awareness’ (Making Data Privacy Matter) e-learning course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to be able to improve personal data use within your organisation, realise value of GDPR and become a GDPR Awareness certified. Course encourages candidates to take personal responsibility for GPDP compliance and contribute to changing their organisation’s culture by promoting the use of personal data in compliance with GDPR regulation.
The GDPR Awareness course is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention. The course fully prepares you for the examination to become GDPR Awareness certified, which confirms that your professional practice is GDPR compliant.
By the end of the GDPR Awareness e-learning course you should be able to:
• explain the motives for the new GDPR regulation and the scope of its application,
• identify the key participants in personal data processing and discuss their responsibilities,
• discuss the key principles and conditions determining the lawful basis for processing,
• outline the key regulatory aspects that impact organisations and the risks and opportunities that arise,
• identify the next steps for achievement of compliance and building a culture of privacy awareness.
1. The GDPR definitions of personal data
- What are the different data items and how are they to be treated?
- What is personal data processing?
- Who are they key players in data protection?
- The six data protection principles
2. Consent and data subject rights
- Privacy notices and subject access requests
- Rights of Identifiable Persons – Consent mechanisms
3. Accountability and governance
- Data privacy impact assessments
- The Data Protection Officer – role and responsibilities
- Privacy concepts
- Keeping a document trail
4. Other key aspects of GDPR
- Definition and identification of a Data Breach
- Security of personal data
- International data transfers
- Risk-based approach
5. Exam Preparation.
Course access duration is 6 months.
Approximate study time required – 10 hours.
- Accredited e-learning course that meets the high standards of the accreditation body.
- Unlimited course access for 6 months.
- Tutor support is available via chat, phone and email as and when required.
- Mock exam simulator included to enable you to practise prior to the exam.
- Online proctored exam that can be taken online at your preferred time and location within 6 months of purchase.
- Nationally-recognised certification that employers expect candidates to hold.
Official Exam & Accreditation
The Accreditation body is the APMG International.
• computer-based exam format, taken online via Online Proctoring. The Online Proctoring solution allows you to take exams online at your preferred time and location, using a webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection. Valid ID is required to take the exam.
• consisting of 20 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 10 out of 20 available (50%),
• examination duration – 20 minutes,
• closed book examination.
There is no re-certification requirement; the GDPR Awareness is a lifetime certification.
Please note the exam must be taken within 6 months of purchase and all course modules need to be completed and assessments passed prior to this stage.
Who is this course for?
The certification is aimed at UK audience and based on guidance provided by the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
The certification is aimed at current and aspiring professionals who would like to gain a better understanding of the data privacy, GDPR regulation and use of personal data in compliance with GDPR regulation. This may include sales and marketing professionals, customer service representatives, HR professionals and management. However, any professional that is involved in the collection, processing or storing of the personal data within their organisation would benefit from GDPR Awareness course.
You do not need any qualifications or work experience to start the GDPR Awareness course.
- Operations Manager
- IT / HR Manager
- IT / HR Professional
- Sales and Marketing Professional
- Customer Service Representative
- Certified professionals tend to earn up to 20% more comparing to non-certified.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.