Do you have a flair for science?
Studying Chemistry can open a lot of doors as it shows intelligence, mathematic ability, being able to record and collect information and analytical skills. Whether you’re interested in work as a scientist, hope to go on to further study, or simply want to broaden your awareness, this course is the perfect start and would be very useful for students who need support during A-Level study of the subject. The course covers 14 modules, and will teach you all the fundamentals of chemistry, so you can understand atoms, gases, kinetics and much more!
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Curriculum : General Chemistry
1. METRIC SYSTEM, SCIENTIFIC NOTATION AND PROPERTIES OF MATTER AND ATOM
- Metric System, Scientific Notation and Properties of Matter
- The Characteristics of an Atom
2. PERIODIC PROPERTIES OF THE ELEMENTS AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY
- Periodic Properties of the Elements
- Basic Concepts of Nuclear Chemistry
3. THE OCTET RULE AND LEWIS STRUCTURES OF ATOMS
- The Octet Rule and Lewis Structures of Atoms
- Types of Chemical Bonds
4. THE KINETIC MOLECULAR DESCRIPTION OF LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS
5. GASES AND KINETIC MOLECULAR THEORY
- Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory
- Gas Laws and Chemical Formulas for Gases
6. CHEMISTRY OF SOLUTIONS AND EQUATIONS
- Chemistry of solutions
- Chemical Equations and Calculations
7. TYPES OF CHEMICAL REACTIONS
- Types of Chemical Reactions – Part 1
- Types of Chemical Reactions- Part 2
8. BASIC CONCEPTS IN EQUILIBRIUM, KINETICS AND THERMODYNAMICS
- Equilibrium in Chemical Processes
- Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions
- Basic Concepts in Thermochemistry
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the General Chemistry by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Who is this course for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of science, business, or in a laboratory.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying chemistry who need extra tuition.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Project Manager
- Lab Technician
- Lab Assistant
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can general science prepare you for GCSE chemistry or combined science?
Yes, Kindly note that this course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of science, business, or in a laboratory. This course would also be helpful to those studying chemistry who need extra tuition.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.