Add to basket or enquire
The Hope Diamond, with its mesmerising blue hue, is an iconic example of a gemstone that has captivated people's imaginations for centuries. If you're intrigued by the beauty and allure of gems, then our Gemology course is perfect for you. This course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of gemstones, from their formation to their colour, weight, and value.
In this course, you'll explore the intricacies of gemology, including how gems are formed, the different types of gems, and the various methods used to test their authenticity. You'll also learn about the history of gemstones, the cultural significance of certain gems, and how fashioning impacts their value. By the end of this course, you'll be able to identify and evaluate precious gemstones with confidence. So, if you want to gain a deeper appreciation for these stunning marvels of nature, enrol in our Gemology course today.
Gain knowledge of the different types of gems and their characteristics
- Understand how gems are formed and the processes that impact their value
- Learn how to test the authenticity of gemstones
- Explore the cultural significance of certain gems
- Develop an understanding of how fashioning impacts the value of gems
- Develop skills to identify and evaluate precious gemstones
Our course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development.
Meet the Accreditation
The CPD Certification Service (CPD UK) assure the Gemology course training and learning activities are relevant, reliable, and upto date.
Why People Enrol this Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the course
- Learning materials of our course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all course content for a full year
- Complete the course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our course
This masterclass Gemology course is designed by industry experts and will give you an in-depth understanding of this topic. The course features easy-to-digest modules that break down each topic and ensure all our students receive an unrivalled and thorough learning experience.
On the course, we guarantee that you will gain relevant skills and acquire tremendous knowledge on the subject. The certificate you’ll achieve after completing the course will help you land the job you want in a related field.
Enjoy a pleasant and professional 100% online learning experience and enrol in our course today and take control of your career!
- Module 01: Introduction to Gemology
- Module 02: Formation of Gems
- Module 03: Colour
- Module 04: Fashioning
- Module 05: Gem Testing
- Module 06: Weight and Measurement
- Module 07: Precious Gemstones
How is the Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
Who is this course for?
This Gemology course is ideal for
- Anyone interested in learning about gemstones and their characteristics
- Jewellery enthusiasts who want to gain a deeper understanding of the gems used in their pieces
- Retailers who want to improve their knowledge of gemstones to better assist customers
- Gemstone collectors who want to enhance their understanding of the value and rarity of gems.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Gemology course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and being over the age of 16.
This Gemology course will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career, such as:
- Gemstone Trader - £25,000 - £70,000
- Jewellery Designer - £18,000 - £50,000
- Gemstone Appraiser - £18,000 - £40,000
- Gemstone Wholesaler - £22,000 - £60,000
- Gemstone Cutter - £18,000 - £45,000
- Gemstone Retailer - £18,000 - £35,000
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - £9
Certificate of completion
Hard copy certificate - £79
QLS Endorsed Certificate
Hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £79
- International: £79+ £10 (postal charge) = £89
CPD Certification Service Accredited Certification
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.