This 4-day will give you all the necessary knowledge to pass the GDPR Foundation and Practitioner examinations. This data protection course will help you to understand the full overview on how to plan and implement a compliance programme so that you fufill the requirements of the GDPR.
You will also be able to gain the essentials of becoming a data protection officer which will be a legal requirement within EU organisations.
GDPR Foundation (2 days)
- Introduction to the GDPR
- Key GDPR terminology
- An introduction to the GDPR’s structure - the legal articles and recitals
- Main differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR
- Principles of the GDPR
- Key roles and features of the GDPR
- The rights of Data subjects
- Lawful processing of personal data
- Subject access requests and how to deal with them
- Complying with the EU GDPR
- Privacy by design
- Binding Corporate Rules
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Breach reporting and responses
- The role of the DPO
GDPR Practitioner (2 days)
- Demonstrating compliance with the GDPR
- Planning for compliance - privacy compliance frameworks and gap analysis
- Legal requirements of the GDPR
- Lawful Processing - rights and consent
- Data Processing for Marketing purposes
- Subject Access Requests
- Common data security failures, consequences, and lessons to be learnt
- Privacy principles in the GDPR
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Personal Information Management Systems (PIMS)
- Data Breach reporting requirements
- Dealing with third parties and data in the Cloud
- International transfers & the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Practical Implications of GDPR
- Notification Obligations
- Protecting personally identifiable information
- Penalties for non-compliance
- The rights of data subjects
GDPR Foundation Exam
The GDPR Foundation exam tests a candidate's knowledge of the principles of GDPR, subject rights, and the underpinning background of the GDPR. The exam consists of:
- 45 Multiple Choice Questions
- 60 Minutes
- A 65% Pass Mark is required to gain the GDPR certification
- Closed Book
GDPR Practitioner Exam
The GDPR Practitioner exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge of compliance mechanisms, cloud and third-party processing, the implications of the GDPR as well as many more of the legislation requirements.
The exam consists of:
- 30 Multiple Choice Questions
- 10 Scenario-based Questions
- 90 Minutes
- 55% Pass Mark required to gain the GDPR certification
- Open Book
Who is this course for?
This GDPR Foundation and Practitioner course is intended for:
- Information Security Professionals
- Compliance Officers
- Data Protection Officers
- Risk Managers
- Privacy Managers
- IT Security Professionals
There are no pre-set formal qualifications required prior to sitting this course.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.