GDPR - The General Data Protection Regulation - What you need to know to to start your steps and become compliant by 25th May 2018
Designed for sole traders, directors, employees, contractors, that process personal data! Tick the box and become compliant. This is one of the requirements under GDPR. You must demonstrate that each employee has been is GDPR aware.
Please contact LCATE if you require more online courses for your employees
Learn from a lawyer! It is not all about incorporating the correct security measures but also incorporating the correct organisational measures!
This course will provide you an overview of the most essential terms in the regulation and what they mean in clear simple English.
It will also provide you with an overview of how to start to take the necessary steps to become GDPR compliant.
An additional fee of £10 is for the final CPD certificate (optional)
GDPR - The General Data Protection Regulation Course Online
- LESSON 1 - GDPR - PERSONAL & SENSITIVE DATA
- READING MATERIAL (COPY SLIDES) - LESSON 1
- OVERVIEW WITH YASMINE LUPIN
- Test Your Understanding - 1(a)
- Sample Answer 1(a)
- Test your Understanding - 1(b)
- Sample Answer - 1(b
- LESSON 2- CONTROLLERS & PROCESSORS
READING MATERIAL - LESSON 2 - COPY SLIDES
OVERVIEW WITH YASMINE LUPIN
- Test your Understanding - 2(a)
- Sample Answer - 2(a)
- Test your Understanding - 2(b)
- Sample Answer - 2(b)
- LESSON 3- KEY PRINCIPLES & ACCOUNTABILITY OF CONTROLLER
- READING MATERIAL - LESSON 3 - COPY SLIDES
- OVERVIEW WITH YASMINE LUPIN - ACCOUNTABILITY
- OVERVIEW WITH YASMINE - KEY PRINCIPLES
- Test your Understanding - 3(a)
- Sample Answer - 3(a)
- Test your Understanding - 3(b)
- Sample Answer - 3(b)
- LESSON 4 - SECURITY MEASURES
- READING MATERIAL - LESSON 4 - COPY SLIDES
- Test your Understanding - 4
- Sample Answer - 4
QUIZ - 4
- LESSON 5 - RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
- READING MATERIAL 5 - COPY SLIDES
- Overview with Yasmine - Right to be Informed
- Overview with Yasmine - Data Subjects's Rights
- Test your Understanding - 5
- Sample Answer - 5
QUIZ - 5
- LESSON 6 (a)- TRANSFER OF PD TO THIRD COUNTRIES
- READING MATERIAL - LESSON 6 - COPY SLIDES
- Overview with Yasmine - Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries
QUIZ - 6
- Test your Understanding - 6
- Sample Answer - 6
- LESSON 6(b) - DEROGATIONS ON TRANSFERING PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
QUIZ - 6
- LESSON 7 - CONSENT
- READING MATERIAL LESSSON 7 - COPY SLIDES
- Test your Understanding - 7
- Sample Answer - 7
QUIZ - 7
- LESSON 8 - BODIES
- READING MATERIAL - LESSON 8 - COPY SLIDES
- LESSON 9 - NOTIFICATION, BREACHES & REMEDIES
- READING MATERIAL - LESSON 9 - COPY SLIDES
QUIZ - 9
- LESSON 10 - HOW TO START TO BECOME GDPR COMPLIANT
Who is this course for?
- Any person or organisation that is processing personal data
- Any one who is interested in qualifying as a Data Protection Officer and they would like an overview of what the GDPR entails
- Employees who need to understand that they must be GDPR compliant before handling personal data and in particular sensitive data
- Good knowledge of English
- Could use this course to demonstrate your understanding re GDPR in order that your organisation becomes compliant
- Could also use this course to help you take the foundation papers for the Certified Data Protection Officer exams
- To gain your CPD
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Pooja Kochar asked:
What certificate will I receive upon completion?
You receive a certificate which confirms that you have a good understanding of GDPR. This is a requirement for any employee or individual who processes personal data. Employees must be trained and each employee receives a certificate in their name. 80% of personal data breaches occur due to employee error. This course only ticks one of the boxes to compliance. There are still a number of other aspects that must be fulfilled for any organisation to become GDPR compliant.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am unfamiliar with online courses. Once I have bought it can I watch it any time at my convenience or do I have to watch it within a certain time.
We give you at least 1 month to complete the course. The course is only a few hours long. I hope this helps.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Suhail Ahmad asked:
How does learning this course take place (online or textbook)?. Is this course nationally recognised by companies?.
Online with voice overs and there is material to download. The course is self-accredited by LCATE. We have sold 1000s to companies. They have been extremely satisfied.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will this course help me understand what changes need to be made in care homes?
This course gives employees a good understanding of what the GDPR is about and how their actions can create breaches and how those breaches can be mitigated. It does not provide a detailed knowledge of the GDPR. I suggest this course for your employees because as the controller you need to demonstrate compliance . The course does deal with sensitive data and it will help you because I assume you process alot of senstive data. Feel free to contact me - Yasmine LupinThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.