GDPR Certificate – CPD Certified
Over the years, the way companies and organisations collect, use and maintain data has changed dramatically. For example, the electronic storage of data is a relatively new concept and one that has not always been adequately addressed by existing legislation.
With these changes in mind, the European Union (EU) has created the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Experts believe that it is one of the most important pieces of data protection legislation drafted within the last 20 years. It is important that everyone involved in the collection, storage and processing of personal data be aware of the GDPR and its implications. This course is an introduction to the scope and purpose of the GDPR.
You Will Learn:
- What the GDPR is, why it was introduced, when it came into effect, its relationship to previous legislation and who must comply with the new rules.
- The principles underlying the GDPR, the bases on which an organisation is permitted to collect and process data and how the GDPR makes provision for the handling of highly sensitive personal information.
- The rights granted to individuals under the GDPR and what this means for organisations who collect and process data.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If your job entails regular collection, storage or handling of personal data, this course will provide you with an invaluable introduction to your obligations under the GDPR.
- If you own a business, this course will help you understand when and how you may collect data from clients and consumers and process it in a lawful manner.
- If you work in a management role, this course will help you advise members of your team with regards to handling and processing consumer data.
- If you are responsible for implementing data handling and processing policies at your place of work, this course will give you a good starting point from which to draft them.
- If you are interested in consumer rights and privacy law, the information in this course will be of general interest to you.
Module 1: What is the General Data Protection Regulation?
Module 2: The Main Principles Underpinning the GDPR
Module 3: Individual Rights under the GDPR
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
GDPR Certificate is designed for anyone who wants an introduction to the scope and purpose of the GDPR.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.