Add to basket or enquire
From 25th May 2018 a new key piece of legislation titled the EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) has been adapted by the UK. This GDPR law applies to all kinds of businesses and enforces new regulations and guidelines to follow in the case of handling and storing data. It is crucial that you ensure your business has the capacity to comply with this new GDPR legislation.
- What the GDPR is, its importance and why it included, when it came into force, its similarity to earlier legislation and who must obey the new rules & legislation.
- Protect sensitive data from unauthorized access, use, replication and destruction.
- The rules and principles supporting the GDPR and the underpinnings on which an organisation is authorised to accumulate and process data and how the GDPR makes procurement for the administration of personal and delicate information.
- The rights and advantages conferred to individuals under the GDPR and what this implies for organisations who manage, gather and process data.
Benefits of Taking This GDPR Course:
- If you're intrigued in learning consumer rights and privacy law, the information provided in this GDPR course will exceedingly benefit you.
- Whether your job role requires systematic collection, storage or handling of personal data, this course provides you with precious enlightenment to your obligations under the GDPR.
- If you're working in an administration or a management role, this GDPR course will support you through advice and plenty of suggestions for handling and processing customer personal data.
- Whether you're accountable for executing data handling and processing plan & policies at your workplace, then this course will proffer you a great outset point from which you can easily compose them.
- If you're a business owner, this comprehensive GDPR course will assist you to understand when and how to collect data from clients or customers and process it in a legitimate method.
Module 01: GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) - Aim and Key Changes
- Key Changes to the Law
- Aims of the GDPR
- Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Data Protection Law
Module 02: Definitions and Principles of GDPR
- Data Protection Terminology
- Principles of Data Protection
- Data Retention Periods
- Data Security
Module 03: Processing, Consent and Subject Rights
- Comply with the Law
- Sensitive Personal Data
- Legal Obligations
- Obtaining Consent
- Data Subject Rights
Module 04: Data Controller, Security and Processor Obligations
- Controller Obligations
- Controller Duties
- Reporting Breaches
- Cross-Border Data Transfer
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
Who is this course for?
GDPR Certificate course is aimed at anyone involved in the handling of people’s information as part of their daily role. Our GDPR Certificate course aims to provide an introduction to the GDPR, it's principles and process and roles and responsibilities under the new Regulation.
It also introduces GDPR and the key compliance obligations of organisations, whilst demonstrating best practice in an engaging and informative way.
Our GDPR Certificate is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there is no specific requirements to attend this GDPR course. This GDPR Certificate course is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How will I be assessed?
Hi Skinner, There will be a mock and a final test at the end of the last module. The exam will consist of around 20-30 multiple choice questions and will allow around 20-30 minutes to complete. You will need 60% or more correct answers to pass the exam. Your exam will be assessed in real time and you will be able to see the result right away. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course updated with the latest legislations?
Hi Finlay, Thanks for reaching out. We do update our courses in regular interval. This course is also updated with all the latest legislation and regulations according to the constitution. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Joe Bray asked:
How long is the course duration?
Hi Joe, Thanks for reaching out. This is a self-paced course. The estimated course duration is 3 hours, however, you will get one year access to the course upon purchasing and you can complete that anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.