Absorb Online Learning Limited
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The IGCSE Economics course is a thorough introduction to the concepts and methods of economics. Students completing this course will have a firm grasp of economic principles.
IGCSE Economics enables students to:
- Develop an understanding of economic concepts and apply the same to real-life situations
- Calculate, interpret and evaluate economic data
- Develop an awareness of economics changes and its impact on developed and developing economies
- Understand economic problems, possible solutions and its effect on mixed economies
The course requires students to develop their ability to acquire a range of important and transferable skills such as:
- Analysing, interpreting, reasoning and critically thinking the various economic problems and the possible solutions for the same.
- Researching real-life economics articles from various sources.
- Calculating various quantitative economic information
- Constructing graphs
There are two main components of the course:
The Market System
There are six units in this section:
- The economic problem
- Economic assumptions
- Demand, supply and market equilibrium
- The mixed economy
Macroeconomics and the Global Economy
This section has six main topics:
- Government and the economy:
- Macroeconomic objectives
- Government policies
- International trade
- Exchange rates
Who is this course for?
This course is open to all students.
Please note, you will need to arrange your own exams with an exam centre.
The exam centre will charge a fee; this should be in the range of £80 - 120, depending on the exam centre.
Most schools and colleges are happy to take private candidates for the exams.
There are no entry requirements and the course is open to all.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.