Are you interested in pursuing a career in the funeral services sector? Do you want to learn about sensitivities surrounding funerals, with an emphasis on the social and cultural behaviours related to this service?
The Level 5 Diploma in Funeral Service Management has been designed for you if your answer is "yes" to the above questions. The UK Home College continues to have a pulse on the funeral profession to meet the demands of needed requirements, knowledge and updates, so you can develop the up to date skills and knowledge of funeral services.
In the profession of Funeral Service Management, there is ever changing requirements, and methods of dealing with the everyday tasks and responsibilities in your chosen career. In this program students learn how to carry out all the procedures necessary for the successful arrangement and direction of a funeral, as well as the administrative tasks related to funeral management. In addition, students learn about psychological, social and cultural behaviours related to death and dying and develop the interpersonal skills needed for dealing with the bereaved.
The course is accredited by The CPD Qualifications Group which performs detailed checks to ensure it meets their standards.
The course fee covers registration, e-learning material and assessment.
This is a self-study program, students have 100% freedom to complete the course in their own time without any time restriction. There is no attendance required for this course.
It is valid for 12 months and can be completed as soon as the assignment is submitted. Assessment will be rapid so the graduates can apply for their dream job.
Students will be provided the learning text material to assist them in course completion. The course material will be in different sizes and in the form of PDF chosen by our experts. Students will have 24/7 access to the course material. Students can use other books as well in order to assist their course-work.
The course will be assessed on the basis of one assignment which can be started from day one.
Graduates will be awarded the Funeral Service Management Diploma Level 5 within 24 hours of course completion subject to a single payment of £15 for soft-certificate and £20 for its printed version, payable to the UK Home College.
The Level 5 Diploma in Funeral Service Management trains candidates to get the enhanced knowledge of funeral services and prepare them to work as funeral workers, funeral director assistants and funeral celebrants who perform special services including arranging funerals, and preparing remains for viewing, burial, and/or cremation in funeral homes and crematoriums.
Graduates will learn:
- Plan, arrange and direct funeral ceremonies, coordinate teams and supervise staff as well as advise on pre-need funeral and burial products and services
- Be considerate of and respond to various religious and cultural traditions associated with death as well as providing loss and grief support
- Interpret and apply various acts and regulations which govern the funeral service profession as well as dealing with grief responses
- Communicate and work effectively with families, government, health and legal agencies as well as working effectively in the funeral services industry
- Practice the companioning aspect of caregiving and monitoring funeral procedures
- Complete the embalming process with appropriate infection control procedures as well as monitoring contracted services and supplies plus many more
This professional program trains students to undertake routine work in a range of operations that lead to pathways within the industry.
Who is this course for?
Individuals who want to work and perform a range of skilled operations in the industry of funeral services.
No previous knowledge required.
Upon completion of this professional program, graduates may work as:
- Funeral Director
- Funeral Director Assistant
- Funeral Celebrant Responsible for all Aspects of Funeral Services
- Funeral Team Member
- Cemeteries Co-ordinator
- Crematoriums, Burials and Burial Works Supervisor
- Cremation Services or Managing Grounds Assistant or;
- Related Maintenance Works and Activities Co-ordinator and many more.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.