International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Crowdfunding is an increasingly mainstream fundraising option for companies, businesses, celebrities, and individuals alike, and it's a tried and true way to earn the funding you need to launch a product, service, or idea into production. In 2015, the crowdfunding industry raised over $16.2 billion worldwide, and it has grown every year since. More importantly, with wildly successful companies and projects like Pebble, Star Citizen, and Glow Forge, whose fundraising campaigns netted them millions in startup funds.
This course is designed to teach you the basics of how to plan, run, and manage a successful crowdfunding campaign on the platform of your choice, by helping you to understand, predict, and use marketing, analytics, and trends to your advantage. While primarily intended for individuals wishing to launch their own crowdfunding or fundraising campaigns, this course is valuable to person who work around startups, in a startup, or around artists who might need crowdfunding campaigns.
If you intend to earn money through a crowdfunding campaign, it is important that you approach the campaign properly, prepare for the extensive amount of marketing and outreach required, and learn how to predict market demand. Most importantly, you have to learn how to create shareable content that will boost your campaign. In 2014, of the 22,252 campaigns launched on Kickstarter, only 37% reached their fundraising goals. This course will guide you through each of these challenges to help you plan, create, and launch a successful crowdfunding campaign.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
You’ve a brilliant idea for an amazing service or product but you lack funds. You see a good cause or charity that you passionately believe in but it’s struggling through lack of finance. By using the power of the online community, you can secure the finance to launch your business or help local causes.
More than £25 billion was raised last year for crowdfunding projects globally. Business and entrepreneurship is the most popular crowdfunding category attracting 41.4% of all projects followed by social causes with 18.9%. However, 2 out of 3 projects fail to attract the finance they require. The most successful projects have been carefully thought out so every stage of the campaign is executed perfectly. Our Fundraising & Crowdfunding Management course hands you the blueprint to kickstart a successful campaign.
When you complete this online Fundraising & Crowdfunding Management course you will be able to:
- Be the 1 in 3 who successfully raises finance by being able to manage a triumphant crowdfunding campaign on the right platform.
- Create a financial management plan containing everything you need to launch your enterprise
- Select the right crowdfunding platform to boost your chances of success
- Analyse your project to ensure that it's a good fit for crowdfunding
- Find your target audience to back you with all the finance required
- Calculate your fundraising goals
- Make sure there is the market demand for your venture
- Build a network of interested consumers
- Create a buzz for your crowdfunding project with successful marketing
- Prepare to launch your campaign
- Communicate with your funders who've shown faith in you
Fundraising & Crowdfunding Management Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Your Investor Options in Crowdsourcing Capital
- 1.1 What is Crowdfunding
- 1.2 Your Guide to Fundraising
- 1.3 Investor Alternatives to Crowdfunding
- 1.4 The Requirements for a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
- 1.5 A Quick Look at the Top Campaigns in Recent Years
Module 2: Understanding Market Dynamics and Demand
- 2.1 Market Demand
- 2.2 Why Statistics Matter
- 2.3 Making the Cut
- 2.4 Understanding Manufacturing & Production Timelines
- 2.5 Getting Production Quotes
- 2.6 Doing Your Homework
Module 3: Business Planning for Crowdfunding & Fundraising
- 3.1 Your Responsibilities to Your Funders
- 3.2 Your Target Audience
- 3.3 The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act (USA)
- 3.4 Protecting Your Intellectual Rights
- 3.5 Calculating Fundraising Goals
Module 4: Marketing for Crowdfunding
- 4.1 Creating the Perfect Pitch
- 4.2 Branding Your Product
- 4.3 Appealing to Emotions
- 4.4 The Right Media
- 4.5 Share Marketing
- 4.6 Driving Content Media
- 4.7 Creating a Buzz
- 4.8 It All Starts with You
Module 5: Getting Started
- 5.1 Creating Content
- 5.2 Preparing for the Launch
- 5.3 Building Your Network
- 5.4 Fine tuning Your Campaign
- 5.5 Outreach and Early Engagement
- 5.6 Adding Value and Authenticity
- 5.7 Sharing Your Credentials
- 5.8 Communicating with Your Funders
Get the finance to build your business, be an entrepreneur and support good causes by reaching out to interested investors online. Start our Fundraising & Crowdfunding Management course now. Study online and at any time from anywhere.
How is the Fundraising & Crowdfunding Management course assessed?
By studying Fundraising & Crowdfunding Management online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam. There is a short exam at the end of each module for you to take, You’ll know your score immediately.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you must complete the course and successfully pass each course module with a score of 55% or more to be eligible for the certificate. You can also get the ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Who is this course for?
- Everyone who wants to make a difference to the world by securing the finance to help good causes or launch a much-needed venture
- Entrepreneurs seeking finance to launch a new product, idea or service
- Inventors ready to bring their product to market
- Everyone with great ideas but no funds to finance them
- People working with startups who need financial management and fundraising skills
- Anyone who is part of a startup and wants to add value to the company
- Everyone interested in fundraising for a charity, good cause, organisation or themselves
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Work in a startup
- Start your own business
- Fund a large-scale art project, movie, book, or another endeavour
- Add value to your current job by knowing how to raise capital for new projects or expansion
- Become a fundraiser or raise finance for charities and good causes
- Help a financial management team with fundraising
- Advise startups or entrepreneurs on ways to successfully finance their venture
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course suitable for non-commercial fundraising, e.g. for political and single-issue causes?
Our course covers all the fundamentals for all types of fundraising and crowdfunding management and also financial management, from marketing to financial management.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.