- Be familiar with the fundamentals of Purchasing.
- Recognize the new roles of Purchasing and buyers.
- Become a more efficient and productive buyer through applying the techniques of purchasing management.
- Improve the services provided by your suppliers through more effective negotiations and planning.
- Understand the ethical/legal aspects of purchasing and its possible liabilities.
- Attain a better negotiating position through cost analysis.
- Identify hidden costs and make better buying decisions.
- Increase your company’s savings through better purchasing management – and increase your chances for success.
- Find out how to select and qualify suppliers.
- How Purchasing Management Adds Value to the Firm:
The purchasing cycle.
Key criteria used to measure a buyer’s performance.
Purchasing management policies, procedures, controls and standards.
- Supplier Relations:
Requisition and purchasing policies.
Solicitation process: why various types of solicitation are used.
How to qualify and pre-select suppliers.
Assessing the risk in doing business with a supplier.
Assessing competitive market pricing.
- Specialized Purchasing Management Tools:
- Exercises and case studies.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.